mtbr member
    Jun 2010

No time for emails?

I'm pretty sure I want a Sette Ace, so I've been reading every thread I can about them and I'm getting closer(and excited) to buying one soon. But one thing that I noticed is that a lot of people state that Sette(or is it pricepoint?) doesn't answer their emails often or promptly. It sounds like the product is pretty solid, but there is almost no support for it?
    I don't anticipate any problems with the bike, but you never know?
    I know everyone says call them, but I really don't always have time to play phone tag about simple questions that may arise? Do you think as Sette's presence grows their will be more/better support in the future?

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    listen, i buy stuff from pricepoint pretty exclusively. i bought a workstand from them (sette brand) that arrived broken. i called them and with out question the sent me a UPS sticker to send it back for a new one. i was shocked. i dont think you will have any problems.

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    I bought a Sette Flite (complete bike) a few weeks back and have had nothing but a frustrating customer service experience since then.

My Flite had a Monarch with a bad swivel valve (like a lot of them apparently). I identified this within minutes of receiving my bike - which was incredibly frustrating. The swivel valve problem on these flites is WELL known and PP should have checked it before shipping the bike out. I didn't even have to put a pump to the thing - before I even got the bike out of the box I spun that swivel valve to see if I got a bad one... And sure enough I heard a hissing sound. Not exactly a hard problem to spot.

-- I called up PP on Friday 6/4 and they told me to send the shock back and they would return a new one immediately. They had a few in stock so I wouldn't have to wait for warranty through SRAM. OK - I was happy since I figured it would be a quick turnaround.

-- Shipped that shock back to PP on Monday 6/7. PP received the item the morning of Wednesday 6/9. Since they indicated that they would ship me out a new one immediately, I was hopeful that they would turn it around the same day meaning that it would arrive Friday 6/11.

-- UPS truck came and went on Friday 6/11 with no shock. I called Pricepoint, got bounced around to a few Customer Service reps before being referred to "the guy" that deals with warranty returns. He found that my returned shock hadn't been processed yet. He indicated it would be processed that day and my new shock would ship Monday 6/14 (and therefore would be at my doorstep Wed 6/16).

-- UPS truck came and went on Wednesday 6/16 with no shock. Called "The warranty guy" at PP back and left a message. No call back on Wednesday

-- Called "The warranty guy" again on Thursday and left another message. No call back.

-- Sent an email Friday morning requesting information. No response by the afternoon (actually never got a response) so I called the main support number again. Talked to a different guy who informed me that "The warranty guy" has been out for a few days... well that explains why I never got a hold of him... would have been nice if his voicemail would have indicated such. This guy stated he was going to get that new shock in the mail immediately and he would call me back with a tracking number.

-- I had to leave the house for the weekend before I received the call back with the tracking number. Upon returning home, I found a message indicating that this guy had a question for me - but he didn't leave the tracking number. Crap... that means it didn't ship Friday.

-- That brings us to Today, Monday 6/21. I called the guy back to see what his question was - left him a message first thing in the morning. No response by this afternoon; so I call the main number again and talk to yet a different person. He stated that the person I spoke to on Friday was not in today (go figure). He indicated that the item shipped out today. He provided a tracking number; but he didn't know what the "question" from Friday was.

-- Just checked the status of my package, UPS has the package status as 'Exception' - instead of On-Time. WTF does that mean?? At the soonest, my package will be here Wednesday... but who knows now since UPS isn't reporting a delivery date.

So in short, every time I finally got a hold of someone - they were Johnny on the Spot with service, it was great. The problem was getting a hold of someone - let alone the same person twice. I would have been EXTREMELY pleased if PP got the shock turned around the same week I shipped it. I would have really happy if they would have gotten it to me within 7 days. But no... I am going on 3 weeks without my brand new bike and I am pissed. I won't go as far as to say that customer service has been horrible - but it has been very frustrating. Would it deter me from buying a bike from PP again? No, it wouldn't... but I have a different expectation for what I can expect from customer service in the future...

-JM

mtbr member
    Before making the purchase of the Sette frame I sent more than 5 e-mails to Price Point and all of them were promptly replied. I live in Brazil so I expected to have some delay on the delivery. The frame left PP one day after confirmation of the payment and was in Brazil the day after that. Then I had some delay because I took 3 days to clear taxes payments (my fault entirely). In the same day I sent the papers to UPS the frame was sent from UPS Brazil HQ to my city, which is 600km away and I had it delivered in the other in the morning, pretty fast indeed.
    Sette Ace Custom

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    UPDATE on my customer service experience:

I finally received my shock. Much to my surprise, PP provided the Monarch 4.2 to replace my 3.1. Many people had there 3.1's warrantied with the 4.2 - so I specifically requested that PP do the same for me. I didn't actually expect that to happen however, since SRAM/RockShox made that decision (not PP). So I was EXTREMELY pleased to see that PP obliged my request. A nice bonus was also getting the Shock Pump that came packaged with the Monarch 4.2.

In the end, service took longer than expected. But props to the guys at pricepoint for making it right!

-JM

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    Just opened my new Sette Instinct Large delivery. I haven't had time to get it over to the shop yet so it sits in the LR untouched. The UPS box arrived with just a few scuffs and scratches but nothing through the cardboard. Everything was packed well and padded enough for the trip I guess. Shop will have the final say in a week or so.

Anyway, when I called to order the Instinct over the phone the guy said they had no Instinct in Large and flippantly said I needed to consult the website before ordering - sounded like I was interrupting his cheetos induced day dream. I replied that I was just on the website and there were Large bikes in stock there. Guy sez wait let me (him) check. "Oh yeah there are some left". Doesn't give me a very good first impression of their customer service. The bike looks nice and arrived with no apparent damage so I hope I never have to use customer service or at least I hope I don't get that guy again.