mtbr member
    Apr 2012

Bonking ... not feelin' well New Sette Reken Missing Parts

Hello everyone,

I've been around the site for about a month, but don't believe I have posted in this section.

I just ordered a Sette Reken which arrived today and it is missing some parts. So far, I know the seat is missing and a little retainer for a brake cable. The retainer could have came off and might be in the packaging. It's rather tiny. I will thoroughly look later. I know the seat is missing... I'm going to finish putting the bike together and see what is, and is not, accounted for.

My main question is, should I be upset at Sette about this or should I be upset at Price Point? I have e-mailed their customer service already about the seat. I noticed the retainer after I had already sent the message.

Anyway, it's very frustrating and a bit of a let down. I'm not going to ride it until it is complete and I only get to ride every other weekend, so I guess it will be a couple weeks before I get to try out my new Sette...

This is my first experience buying a bike on-line. I hope everything gets straightened out nicely.

Anyway, I guess I really just needed to vent for a minute. Thanks for reading and I look forward to being in the Sette section around here a lot more!

J.

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    First off, Sette and Price Point are the same company, so get upset with whoever you want. The reality though is that these bikes are built overseas and shipped to Price Point boxed up. Likely they are never opened by anyone at Sette/Price Point, so if something is missing from the box they don't know. It is most likely the fault of whatever factory in China or Taiwan built and boxed the bike. Just contact Price Point and they should send you a seat, problem solved.
    2012 On One Whippet 650b
    2012 Santa Cruz TRc 650b
    2014 On One Dirty Disco
    2010 Soma Groove
    1987 Haro RS1

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Yeah, I contacted Price Point when I found the part was missing. I'm awaiting a response. Hopefully, all goes well with them sending me one. I was more aggrivated by the situation, than anything. It's a big purchase for me. I was excited and obviously wanted everything to be perfect.

If that's the worst part of my weekend, though, then I'm doing alright...

Thanks for the input-

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Seems to be how business operates with Price Point / Sette. I recently ordered a frame and some parts from them. The seat collar was missing, which in itself wasn't a big deal but it was like pulling teeth getting them to make it right. It took over three weeks to recieve the missing parts, 4 emails and a public complaint on their facebook page to get someone to respond. I also was shipped a headset bearing that was unsealed that had to be repacked and pressed and a derailleur that was 2 model years older than what I had purchases. I was not given a response to those complaints. The "customer service manager" that finally responded to my missing part was a Frank Rios by emailing frank@pricepoint.com. I had to write him directly, because nobody responded to the customer service email link on Price Point or Sette's website. Interestingly enough, once I posted on their public facebook site, I had an answer in about 10 minutes.

As far as I am concerned Price Point's customer service is among the worst I have ever dealt with and I will never purchase anything from them or anything branded with Sette again.

As for the brake retainer clip, they will probably fall off anyway and you will be better off using a zip tie. Mine fell off sometime on the second ride with them.

Good luck, hate to be pessimistic, but I am still sore with them since they refuse to respond to complaints, answer simple questions about their products, and correct their mistakes.

mtbr member
    I've ordered a lot of stuff over the years from PP, and once in a while, something goes wrong. My experience has always been great, I call them they ship it out item. The website stinks, inventory not always accurate, but they have always been stand-up guys to me. Give them a ring Monday AM PST.