mtbr member
    May 2008

New Sette Razzo 2.0 Weight Breakdown

My Sette Razzo 2.0 just arrived today. I started breaking it down to find out some weights. The full bike in size large without pedals came in at 25.7 lbs. Each tire weighs 575 grams. The wheels are 1,020 grams (front w/ skewer) and 1,240 grams (rear w/ skewer). I'm going to set it up as single speed so removing the shifters, cassette and derailleurs drops 1130 grams and I'll add 200 grams for the cog, spacers and chain tensioner. So that will bring the weight down to 23.6 lbs.
    I'll also probably replace the wheels with Stans Arch EX wheels and run tubeless which will bring the weight down to ~ 22.4 lbs.
    Last edited by bank5; 04-15-2012 at 10:10 AM.

mtbr member
    Aug 2005

Razzo 2.0

So you bought the whole bike.
    - removed all gear components and replace then SS
    - removing wheelset
    - selling frame

That leaves a fork, brakes and a few bits (headset, seat, seatpost, stem, handlebar, tubes, tires, crankset maybe). Isn't there a better way to acquire those parts than buying a bike? I'm not calling you out, just wondering.

I also own one, so thnx for the weight breakdown. The wheelset weight surprises me a bit (to the light side), as Pricepoint sells the TN719 with XT hubs and says 2331 grams - I'd have thought these would weigh more if anything.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by benoksanen View Post
    That leaves a fork, brakes and a few bits (headset, seat, seatpost, stem, handlebar, tubes, tires, crankset maybe). Isn't there a better way to acquire those parts than buying a bike? I'm not calling you out, just wondering.
    Yeah, I should have clarified about parting and selling different items. I bought the bike with it being my secondary bike (my other one is a geared FS 29er). If I really like it and ride it as much as my other bike, I'll probably upgrade the wheels. I'm pretty loyal to another bike manufacturer and already bought the other frame so that's why I'll probably swap it out.

I was torn on buying everything individually but if I were to buy a Reba, good pair of hydro brakes, wheels, crank, etc it would have been much more