mtbr member

New Sette Forza bike

It's a road bike. No info regarding the specs or components. But as always the paint color scheme is totally awesome.

http://www.setteusa.com/index.htm

"They Call Me Bone'z"
    sette has had some lame paint but that is nice!!
    RAH!

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    That does look nice! looks expensive too, though.

"They Call Me Bone'z"
    Quote Originally Posted by COLINx86
    That does look nice! looks expensive too, though.
    its got high end parts on a "no name" frame so it should be better then buying a specialized with the same parts..
    RAH!

LWP
    mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Not bad looking, I'd like to see the spec.

mtbr member
    Unlike their mountain bikes, Sette road bikes are not such a big bargain. Still cheaper than big name though.

Looking forward to the new mtb bikes they have lined up.

"They Call Me Bone'z"
    RAH!

LWP
    mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Dictatorsaurus
    Unlike their mountain bikes, Sette road bikes are not such a big bargain. Still cheaper than big name though.
    I don't know, the Primo is very similar in spec to my carbon Trek road bike, arguably better in some areas, at less than 2/3 the price I paid 3 years ago. That's a pretty good bargain in my book as long as the quality level of the frame is on par as well.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by facelessfools
    I saw some similarities, they really look the same, at least the Vexx (DH frame). The Ace looks a lot like the SPSLN in Astro's webpage, but the rear triangle is different, probably because of Horstlink's patent.

My first XC FS frame was an Astro, it was really good.
    Sette Ace Custom

"They Call Me Bone'z"
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamud
    I saw some similarities, they really look the same, at least the Vexx (DH frame). The Ace looks a lot like the SPSLN in Astro's webpage, but the rear triangle is different, probably because of Horstlink's patent.

My first XC FS frame was an Astro, it was really good.
    im pretty sure the horst is why its different, i have a different brand version of the venom as well which is great just that parts on it are not..

i like the xc frame with the carbon stays!
    RAH!

mtbr member
    They posted new pictures of the Forza in a different color scheme. Whoever choses the color schemes on the Sette bikes has great taste.

>

"They Call Me Bone'z"
    sick!
    it's sette's first bike with a nice paint job.
    RAH!

LWP
    mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Yeah, the red version says "Forza" and the yellow says "Forza Elite". I'm assuming different spec levels.

mtbr member
    ^In the pictures the bikes appear to have the same parts, but it is a interesting observation. I would suspect there will be several levels of the bikes.

If anyone is interested the translation of the bikes name is Strength. So essentially the bike is the Sette Strength or the Seven Strength. The word on the chain stay Bella-Vita mean Beautiful-Life.
    Big Foot Blue KHS XC704r

SIngletrack Mind
    In the Velonews 2010 Tour Guide, Sette advertised a full page color spread of the yellow Elite opposite a verrrry similarly graphic'd Scott Addict R1 for team Columbia HTC. Just a coincidence? Naw, but some good marketing. I like the Scott's paint job better, but I gotta admit the Sette is well-ripped off.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sablotny
    In the Velonews 2010 Tour Guide, Sette advertised a full page color spread of the yellow Elite opposite a verrrry similarly graphic'd Scott Addict R1 for team Columbia HTC. Just a coincidence? Naw, but some good marketing. I like the Scott's paint job better, but I gotta admit the Sette is well-ripped off.
    Price on the Scott and Sette?

SIngletrack Mind
    A Scott Addict R1 is $2999 frame & fork at Competitive Cyclist. Pricing isn't out for the Sette, but since Sette is the house brand for mail order giant Price Point, I'm sure it will be aggressive.

Reminds me of when my '99 K2 Razorback, licensed copy of the Turner Stinger, was the same price as a complete bike as the Turner frame.

LWP
    mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    I took a look at the large pics on the Sette Experience site... not going to be a contender for my next new road bike based on what I can see but I'm willing to check out the specs and numbers when they're released just to be fair.
    Last edited by LWP; 07-22-2010 at 09:15 PM.

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    Sette is about 60% less than the closest competition and looks great all with amazing specs. Sette seems to have re-invented the wheel in the last year.

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    I really like the graphics compared to the lame plain frames they offered in the past. Plain frames are only for companies that plan to keep the same stock for a number of years....tells the consumer they are not sure if they did it right and may have to keep the product for a long time. Looks like they learned from the mistakes made years ago with the junk they offered.

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    seems the only question now is which bike to buy????? They all look great.