mtbr member

Instinct sold as just a frame?

Hey all, I asked this in another thread, but maybe that way a hijack, I'll ask in a new thread. Does anyone know if Price Point plans to sell the Instinct as just a frame?
    I emailed the sales people at PP, but I have not heard back yet. I have a complete XTR group, nice wheels and Fox RLC. I know I could just buy the Phantom, but I like the white on the frame. Thanks

Cuánto pesa?

The Instinct and Morph use the same frame as the PHANTOM
    Just a cosmetic difference. You could do your own custom paint job..

mtbr member
    I suggested it at one point, cant remember what they said to me about it. If they were, they wouldn't tell any one. They are very closed lipped about new products. The Phantom frame is 100 off right now, and the whole bikes are even more. You could take that savings and paint the frame.
    Big Foot Blue KHS XC704r

mtbr member
    Understood, for the price it is hard to argue. I was just thinking if I could have the white frame for the same price, then I would. I priced out the parts to make the frame swap and I think I could build my bike for $750. That is pretty hard to argue with.

mtbr member
    Bump...to see if anyone else has any further info on the Instict frame-only avail?

Assuming the price is competitive like the other frames, a 2.2 lb carbon race frame is sounding really nice going into next season...

mtbr member
    If anyone is still is still looking for an Instinct frame, I am considering selling my son's large, used one season. He has outgrown it and I might buy the XL Morph and put the Instinct parts on it.

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    Is the Serum just a painted version of the Phantom/Morph/Instinct? Just looking at it, it looks the same. But I gotta say I haven't examined it too hard.
    2012 On One Whippet 650b
    2012 Santa Cruz TRc 650b
    2014 On One Dirty Disco
    2010 Soma Groove
    1987 Haro RS1

mtbr member
    Different frames. The Phantom and the Instinct were the same, but painted different. The Morph is completely different, and none of them look like the Serum.
    Big Foot Blue KHS XC704r

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    According to the Price Point website, it looks like the Instinct and Morph frames are the same except for the paint.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by chopper10
    According to the Price Point website, it looks like the Instinct and Morph frames are the same except for the paint.
    Thats how it looks now, but thats not how it used to be. The morph used to have exterior cable routing. The Phantom and the Instinct were the same, but there is no longer the phantom.
    Big Foot Blue KHS XC704r

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Dremer03
    Different frames. The Phantom and the Instinct were the same, but painted different. The Morph is completely different, and none of them look like the Serum.
    Well to say none of them look like the Serum is pretty far off. The Phantom frame is almost identical except for the paint. Maybe you should look again.
    2012 On One Whippet 650b
    2012 Santa Cruz TRc 650b
    2014 On One Dirty Disco
    2010 Soma Groove
    1987 Haro RS1