Religion = Non-thinking

how are the Sette Type-S Lock on Grips?

are these decent grips for everyday riding w/o gloves?

http://www.pricepoint.com/detail.htm?stylePkey=15690

how would they be compared to my stock bike's grips? (Spec P.1 AM)
    RH SL Pro

mtbr member
    Well...I can tell you that they look cool...are very secure and appear to be well made. So, you may ask why I rode on them for three weeks and then relegated them to the parts pile? For me, they were just too thin, and I was getting hand pain while riding with them...of course that is a completely personal thing however. I do always (well, mostly) wear gloves when I ride too.
    This post brought to you and provided by:

The Department of Redundancy Department

I personally have the white ones on my white rockhopper and find them to be a great value. the only cons i find with them is that they are pretty thin compared to my odi ruffian grips. They do truly lock on and have pretty good grip but since they are so thin you tend to feel more vibration. For the price I'd say go for it but if you dont mind spending the extra 11 dollars go with the ruffian's http://www.pricepoint.com/detail/114...Bonus-Pack.htm
    Haro Shift R7 RS Sid, Fox Float RL, XT/Lx Mix, 2x9 FSA Carbon Pro Team with BBG Bashguard
    Rockhopper Comp, IH Quantium 2

mtbr member
    For the $8 I paid, they get the job done. I use them on my around the neighborhood SS. They are hard, but grippy. I almost always wear gloves, even in my neighborhood. I'm sure they would cause hand pain if I rode them on a ride in the hills with my FS. I definitely like my Lizard Skinz grips better, but they were 3x the price.

Religion = Non-thinking
    ended up getting a pair of WTB 4-clamp lock on grips, kinda heavy but they stay on like a champ
    RH SL Pro

mtbr member
    One thing the Sette lock on grips do is stay on. I have the Type B and they are a much thicker rubber and way more aggressive. I personally dont ride without gloves on, good way to get sores on your hands.
    Big Foot Blue KHS XC704r

Religion = Non-thinking
    Quote Originally Posted by Dremer03
    One thing the Sette lock on grips do is stay on. I have the Type B and they are a much thicker rubber and way more aggressive. I personally dont ride without gloves on, good way to get sores on your hands.
    without promoting sette in every post, doesn't EVERY LOCK ON GRIP stay on?
    RH SL Pro

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by louisssss
    without promoting sette in every post, doesn't EVERY LOCK ON GRIP stay on?
    Where in the Sette section if you dont like people talking about Sette in there forum then dont come in.
    Big Foot Blue KHS XC704r

alright boys calm down this is the sette forum so you can expect dreamer to promote sette products. but for what their worth the type-s grips are well worth the money.
    And yes louis every lockon grip should ideally stay on otherwise its just a failure.
    Haro Shift R7 RS Sid, Fox Float RL, XT/Lx Mix, 2x9 FSA Carbon Pro Team with BBG Bashguard
    Rockhopper Comp, IH Quantium 2

ilmfat
    Mar 2007
    i've shredded 3 pair in one season. they still clamp, tho the bolt heads are soft, and there's still grip, but they wear down easily. and leave little black bits on my gloves.

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    I couldn't get the end cap to fit my 06 Hardrock bars. I contacted Sette and they said I needed to go to my LBS and get some bar extensions that had thinner ends allowing the caps to fit. That doesn't really work for me since I don't want them any wider than they already are. Oh well live and learn. I guess I could go ahead and get that new lighter bar I want

mtbr member
    True, some bars are thicker. You can get grip plugs at the LBS. I bought a jug that has a 100 (since I was already ordering online rather than driving to LBS and was lazy, but I'll have them for life) for apprx $20 a few years ago. I like the Sette grips, have been using tem for years and they seem to last quite a while.

mtbr member
    Jul 2013

Yeah I need to see what they look like I guess

Quote Originally Posted by Aresab View Post
    True, some bars are thicker. You can get grip plugs at the LBS. I bought a jug that has a 100 (since I was already ordering online rather than driving to LBS and was lazy, but I'll have them for life) for apprx $20 a few years ago. I like the Sette grips, have been using tem for years and they seem to last quite a while.
    I guess I need to see them before I do anything. I'm going to my LBS this morning and pick some up.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    I used mine for about a year with no issues. The grips still work, however the rubber was starting to wear away from use.
    I recently replaced it with Ergons just because I wanted to try something bigger.