Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

How do I remove my Stan's tires?

2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  facelessfools 
#1 ·
I am trying to remove my Stan's "The Crow" tires and was wondering what I need to do to take them off my rims? I want to replace them w/ Panaracer Fire XC Pros (w/ tubes).. Any advice would be appreciated..:thumbsup:

#4 ·
I just removed mine last night from my brand new Instinct. I have removed and installed many road and MTB tires over the years but these were the first tubeless tires I've ever touched. They seemed to be very tight and a bit of a pita to remove with levers. I have the park levers that have a small hook on one end of the lever so I can get the lip of one lever under the tire bead and then hook the other end of the lever onto a spoke as I use the second lever to begin removing the tire as usual. A bit more cussing involved much like some of those high pressure road tires from my past. I am running SB 8's.

#7 ·
oh...
well you may want to look into tubeless as an option.

i run hutchinson airlights with a cup and a half of stans. so thats about 90g of sealant or the weight of a paper thin butyl tube from maxxis and i have puncture protection. i havent had a single flat on tubeless.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.