Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Hoping Phantom gets sold as a complete bike in Small when PP restocks

947 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Dremer03 
#1 ·
Hi guys. Kinda new-ish guy here. Been hemming and hawing on getting a replacement for my aging 15 year old HT rig for a few months now, and finally decided on a Phantom.

Was looking at the complete bike builds over at PP. Looks like they only have the largest size in stock, but hoping they'll have a complete bike in a small when they restock.

Wondering about that, because they currently list only the XL in the drop-down menu. And list only M-XL under the "geos" tab. Hmmm. Would really like a small tho.

Otherwise, I'll likely just get the Phantom frame by itself, and purchase a Motobecane FLY Team and swap out the frame. That'll come about to about $200 less than the full Phantom build, but I'd still probably have to get replacement parts for those that don't readily swap out... ie seatpost, maybe front der. Would rather have the wheels the full Phantom comes with tho, instead of the Vuelta's that come with the Moto. Same with the cassette.

Would be much less hassle though just to be able to get a complete Phantom outright than to go through the trouble of Frankensteining one together. LOL

See less See more
#2 ·
Give PP a call, I don't remember ever seeing the complete PHANTOM in size small on
their website.

The FLY seatpost and front dérailleur wont fit the PHANTOM frame :nono:

Would be much less hassle though just to be able to get a complete Phantom
outright than to go through the trouble of Frankensteining one together. LOL
I like building

~Egor

PS. The FLY f/d might fit if it's a multi-clamp....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.