mtbr member

help me ..........

I am about ready to order a bike , really like the Razzo 1.0 and 2.0 , problem is there is none in the size I want , so how does the XT10 and X7 compare , I am completely clueless to all the components and what is the best bang for the buck , any help would be great
    the weather is here wish you were beautiful

mtbr member
    The only difference really is the XT10 is Shimano XT drivetrain and Elixir 3 brakes, and the X7 is the SRAM x7 setup with Elixir 1 brakes. Forks, rims, heatset, are the same, among other components. The XT10 seems to edge out by a little bit, and has the price increase to accompany it. Overall, I don't think you can go wrong either way IMO.
    Better to be a rider for a moment than a spectator for a lifetime.

mtbr member
    Dude/Dudette, I just bought the Sette Derro 2.0 I have about 30 miles on her and the only reason I went with the 2.0 is the price! This bike is far better than bikes Ive rode that cost thousands more and really depending on your riding style the 1.0 and 2.0 are the same bike just different color frame and the 1.0 drivetrain is a tad better. BUT the specs on the 2.0 will last as long as you take care of the bike and when the parts start to fail you can upgrade for a lesser price!!! Ill post some pics of my new ride in the next few days but you cant go wrong with the 2.0 best priced bike around (brand new) Ive shopped for over 6 months for a new bike and so far I am more than pleased with the 2.0... been riding for 15 years and she is the best bike yet.

NedwannaB
    Are you only looking at the alum hardtails? Or is that your budget? You could jump up to the carbon ht if they have your size for a few hundered more, or get the Derro 1.0 fs for about the same with a better build package then the carbon ht.

Consensus usually on here is unless you're super strapped for budget, or already have better components in hand, is to buy the upgrades in the package.
    Wait,who did he tell you that?....

mtbr member
    What size are you looking for? What are your measurements, height, standover, arm reach ect...?
    Put em away wet, ride hard!!!

mtbr member
    5'5" 30" inseam , arm reach 25"

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by JMac47 View Post
    Are you only looking at the alum hardtails? Or is that your budget? You could jump up to the carbon ht if they have your size for a few hundered more, or get the Derro 1.0 fs for about the same with a better build package then the carbon ht.

Consensus usually on here is unless you're super strapped for budget, or already have better components in hand, is to buy the upgrades in the package.
    yes on the aluminum HT , and thats my budget , when I first started looking for a new bike , my budget was $500.00 , after seeing what you get for that price i upped to $1000.00 , now im pushing it to $1200.00 , thats my max !

NedwannaB

Size?

Quote Originally Posted by Richard_ View Post
    yes on the aluminum HT , and thats my budget , when I first started looking for a new bike , my budget was $500.00 , after seeing what you get for that price i upped to $1000.00 , now im pushing it to $1200.00 , thats my max !
    So PP didn't have any in that price/model? Have you checked BikesDirect? They may have something in your price point(pardon the pun)!

mtbr member
    Dude bikes direct does have some good stuff in your price range but if you hold out and up it to just under $1400 you can get the Derro 2.0 and order some pretty good flat or clip in pedals. I was like you 2 months ago and couldnt go over $1000 but I saved up and held out and got the Derro 2.0 and compared to some of my buddies who have $2000 motobecames off of bikes direct this bike kicks their ass. If you cant go higher try bikeisland.com its bikes direct sister site and they have barely used bikes sometimes for a lot cheaper than youll find off of bikes direct... give it a look!
    Put em away wet, ride hard!!!

NedwannaB

Follow his lead

Quote Originally Posted by DirtyUSAF View Post
    Dude bikes direct does have some good stuff in your price range but if you hold out and up it to just under $1400 you can get the Derro 2.0 and order some pretty good flat or clip in pedals. I was like you 2 months ago and couldnt go over $1000 but I saved up and held out and got the Derro 2.0 and compared to some of my buddies who have $2000 motobecames off of bikes direct this bike kicks their ass. If you cant go higher try bikeisland.com its bikes direct sister site and they have barely used bikes sometimes for a lot cheaper than youll find off of bikes direct... give it a look!
    Valid point but OP has established his bike preference of an alum ht and budget. That Derro (replaces the ACE I believe) does look like a pretty good bike, but its fs and 26" wheels.

Now to the OP, when you mentioned "don't have in my size" did you mean "not in stock" or felt the 16" would be too big. I believe it is the appropriate size and they have both models you referenced in stock as far as I can tell.

A for budget, these 2 bikes are close/better then the spec's on the Razzos:

Save up to 60% off new Mountain Bikes - MTB - Motobecane Fantom 29Elite

Save up to 60% off new Mountain Bikes - MTB - Motobecane Fantom 29PRO

Check them out.

mtbr member
    i have looked at BD as well , but really like the look of the Sette frame

NedwannaB

You asked for help

i have looked at BD as well , but really like the look of the Sette frame
    I am about ready to order a bike , really like the Razzo 1.0 and 2.0 problem is there is none in the size I want any help would be great
    So.....what's the problem?

"Now to the OP, when you mentioned "don't have in my size" did you mean "not in stock" or felt the 16" would be too big. I believe it is the appropriate size and they have both models you referenced in stock as far as I can tell."

Inquiring mind.....

mtbr member
    So.....what's the problem?

"Now to the OP, when you mentioned "don't have in my size" did you mean "not in stock" or felt the 16" would be too big. I believe it is the appropriate size and they have both models you referenced in stock as far as I can tell."

Inquiring mind.....
    i was looking at the Razzo 1.0 and 2.0 , only sizes are 20" and 22" , and now the prices have gone up

NedwannaB

Got that

i was looking at the Razzo 1.0 and 2.0 , only sizes are 20" and 22" , and now the prices have gone up
    Yeah I've been in on another thread looking at the carbon model Razzo frame and noticed it's just bumped up $100 and the complete bike $200!!

As far as the XT10 vs X7 bikes in the next price bracket up that you asked about, it's 10spd components which are going to be easier in the future to upgrade, plus these also have 100mm forks which is a plus too. I think the $200 upgrade is worth it over the 1.0 and 2.0.

I also have to agree with mbrock's take at top of thread too where either package for these is decent, with Shimano edging abit over SRAM along with the $$ which is usually the case on their pricing of individual componets or complete build package.

So if you don't mind "us" on here helping to spend "your" money, I'd bump up your budget by $69 and get the X7 10 spec'd bike for $1269 and get on with ordering the 16" model! You're missing out on some riding!!

mtbr member
    So if you don't mind "us" on here helping to spend "your" money, I'd bump up your budget by $69 and get the X7 10 spec'd bike for $1269 and get on with ordering the 16" model! You're missing out on some riding!!
    thanks for wanting to help me might just make the leap

NedwannaB

No prob

thanks for wanting to help me might just make the leap
    It's the MTBR community. I'm being "pursuaded" to spend my money by a member in another thread. About twice as much as I'm helping you part with though!