What?

Drako pulled already?

Was looking around on Price Point and noticed that the new Drako was not for sale as a frame or complete bike anymore. So I went over to Sette's website and it is no longer listed there as well. So was the Drako pulled after only a few months on the market?

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    I doubt they sold out. There is probably a manufacturing defect or something and they had to stop selling them.
    2012 On One Whippet 650b
    2012 Santa Cruz TRc 650b
    2014 On One Dirty Disco
    2010 Soma Groove
    1987 Haro RS1

What?
    I was thinking either that, or that no one was buying they so they pulled them.

mtbr member
    The Drako seemed like a confused bike that couldn't do anything right. Poor replacement for the Flite.

mtbr member
    Just got off the phone with PP.

They said the Drako is gone and will be replaced with a different model in the spring.

What?
    Wow, that didnt last long. I saw on there facebook page that they pulled it for frame quality issues. Hopefully its replaced with a 6'' bike.

mtbr member
    I cracked my Flite frame and Pricepoint replaced it with a Drako. After a couple of weeks I received an email that they were bieng recalled because the welds where the shock meets the frame had failed on some of the bikes, there was no way of telling which bikes were good, so all were being recalled for a credit or refund. They were so adamant about getting the frame back they paid for shipping and reimbursed me for having the bike shop break it down and box it up.
    "Turn me loose, set me free, somewhere in the middle of Montana" Merle Haggard

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by johnwaynewest View Post
    I cracked my Flite frame and Pricepoint replaced it with a Drako. After a couple of weeks I received an email that they were bieng recalled because the welds where the shock meets the frame had failed on some of the bikes, there was no way of telling which bikes were good, so all were being recalled for a credit or refund. They were so adamant about getting the frame back they paid for shipping and reimbursed me for having the bike shop break it down and box it up.
    That's excellent service!

Curious what they're going to replace the Drako with. Gone are the days when their FS frames used to be a great bargain.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dictatorsaurus View Post
    That's excellent service!

Curious what they're going to replace the Drako with. Gone are the days when their FS frames used to be a great bargain.
    I saw in one of your other posts you were curious about the bike. It actually handled and rode quite well. I never got to ride it in my NC mountains because I cracked my Flite about a week before I was transfered to San Antonio. The trails here have very few jumps or drops and even less climbing, although some are quite twisty. I was riding my Drako with a guy that rides a Fuel EX 9 and he was surprised that it actually handled well enough, for a 32lb bike, for me to stay with him. We usually rode around 14-16 miles a day, and I had no problems. In fact, I was hard pressed to really find any differences between it and my Flite. But again, in NC I spent my days climbing, jumping and taking 3-5ft drops...here the riding is mostly just speeding through flat single track.

What?
    Did they tell you what they would give you to replace the Drako frame?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mullen119 View Post
    Did they tell you what they would give you to replace the Drako frame?
    Any frame around the same price, road or mountain. I'm opting for the refund though. Local bike shop has a brand new Specialized Stumpjumper FSR (can't remember if it's epic or expert) frame they are gonna sell me for half price. Since I still have the Domain fork, it's the best option since the Darro is only a 4" travel bike.

What?
    Quote Originally Posted by johnwaynewest View Post
    Any frame around the same price, road or mountain. I'm opting for the refund though. Local bike shop has a brand new Specialized Stumpjumper FSR (can't remember if it's epic or expert) frame they are gonna sell me for half price. Since I still have the Domain fork, it's the best option since the Darro is only a 4" travel bike.
    Its to bad that they dont make any FS bikes other then a full DH bike and a XC bike. Seems like they are top notch in the customer service department.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mullen119 View Post
    Its to bad that they dont make any FS bikes other then a full DH bike and a XC bike. Seems like they are top notch in the customer service department.
    Absolutely top notch. The shock that came on the Flite, a Monarch 2.1, started losing air. They replaced it with a new Monarch 3.3, no questions asked. When my Flite frame cracked, I sent it back without the shock. The new Drako still came with a Fox Float shock and they never said anything about not having the Rock Shox. I've never had any problem with Pricepoint, and will continue to use them. In fact, I may soon buy one of the Sette road bikes.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Kind of disappointing news though, hopefully by the time I have the $$ to start shopping for a full suspension bike, Sette will have something to put on the short list (with my budget it surely will be a short list!)