Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Derro Builds

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrphy View Post
    this frame seems interesting. does it look like you have enough room for 650bs?
    I am not really sure. I have never ridden 650b wheels, so I am not sure how much more clearence you need in the rear triangle.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk 2

mtbr member
    I just bought this frame and a Fox 32 Float 100. I'm planning on going with Shimano XT drivetrain and brakes, and WTB Velociraptor tires. Does anyone have any suggestions on some tough-as-nails wheels? I need something that can take a beating, as I'm 250+ lbs.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    I ride with Sun Rhyno Lites laced up to XT hubs. They are heavy wheels, but will take a beating and aren't that expensive.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by emtnate View Post
    I ride with Sun Rhyno Lites laced up to XT hubs. They are heavy wheels, but will take a beating and aren't that expensive.
    Thanks. I have read that a lot of heavier riders use rhyno lites. It's hard to find tough wheels with a 9mm QR fork.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrphy View Post
    this frame seems interesting. does it look like you have enough room for 650bs?
    Yes, it will fit 27.5 wheels and tires.

Clearance in the rear is still limited to 2.2 tires.

I put 2.2 27.5 Continental X-Kings on there, but had to saw off the cable hanger on the downtube. Works for me as I'm running 1x10.

In the front I use a 2008 Rockshox SID 120. I probably have about 7mm of clearance front and rear. Have taken some 3-4ft drops, bottomed out front and rear shocks, and haven't rubbed anything.

K

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2