FM
    luxatio erecta

Anybody used Sette Impact padded shorts?

I keep falling on my hip

well, better that than my elbows or collarbones!

Anyways, has anybody used these sette impact padded undershorts- how are they? Could you wear them for a long day with a good bit of pedaling, or are they too bulky?

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    After a really bad OTB yesterday and a bad one in Whistler the other week, bruising a thigh and a hip each time, I'm really interested in these shorts as well.

They do look like they might be pretty warm for pedaling.

I hit really hard yesterday, I actually "dented" my left thigh. Judging by the soreness in the rest of my body, if I hadn't been wearing my body armour I would probably have ended up in hospital.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Great

They're great for DHing. Too bulky for regular XC. I crashed hard about 3 weeks before my Whistler Crankworx trip and saved my hip. I ended up with a small fingertip sized bruise. Would have been worst without it. I used it everyday at Whistler. Only had minor crashes while I was there.

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    I have those . I find them a bit warm to ware in the summer here , but during spring/fall/winter I have them on every ride . I find they are fairly well made , and work well . The adjustable draw string keeps them up . Great deal for the price .
    I would recommend them .

cheers

FM
    luxatio erecta
    Thanks guys. I'll primarily be using them for whistler, just wanted to make sure they wouldn't make me a$$ look to big!

off to order up some!

Brackish
    I have them too, and have worn them at Whistler: they work, and they aren't too bulky for lift-assisted riding or shuttling.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by FM
    Thanks guys. I'll primarily be using them for whistler, just wanted to make sure they wouldn't make me a$$ look to big!

off to order up some!
    Score some boardshorts one size bigger than you normally wear and you be fine. Get some Oakley boardshorts and you'll look cool.

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    I'm using these which are similar:

http://www.rockgardn.com/items/body-...1=1&menu=armor

Didn't crash with them yet but they're comfortable and no problem in pedalling. I think tail-bone protection is very important (from experience).
    You must wear them under somekind of shorts/pants.

Bike Hustler
    Do they squish your balls though?
    ... the shorts I mean.
    [SIZE="4"]SHAM-WOW[/SIZE]

Equal opportunity meanie
    For DH they're great. Saved me from some BAD leg/hip injuries, but also made me wish I had them on when I wasn't wearing them in a couple freak crashes as well. When these get too nasty to keep wearing I'll be getting a size larger though - I have a 32"-33" waist and should have gone with an L but got a M which still works great. Just feels tight around the waist for mobility and the bottom can hike up your hip just a bit over longer runs and pedaling.

My gorilla coconuts are fine and unsquished though, thanks for asking.