mtbr member

Advice - Sette Relic

So, Sette experts, what can you tell me about this frame? Quality? Complaints? Etc.? I am looking at a used frame to build into a new bike for me.

mtbr member
    I have never had this frame, but looked into it quite a bit. The frame gets decent reviews but seems to have an issue with the linkage, the bushings are only 3mm wide. They have been known to wear out very quickly. There was someone who found 20mm wide versions that went right in, which could make the frame much better. I settled on a Sette Venom which followed the Relic once discontinued. Although the Venom is now my backup bike since getting a Devinci. If your getting it really cheap, if not, I'd look elsewhere.

mtbr member
    RSabarese, do you consider 230 bucks cheap for the frame and rear shock? Also, what kind of geometry is it, XC or AM?

mtbr member
    The bike was marketed as a 6" freeride bike, I don't recall if it is front derailleur friendly or not. I am not sure I would personally buy it for $230, unless I knew the rider, it looked mint, and I could get bushings for the suspension. It was being discontinued in 2007 when I bought my Sette Riddik, so it's fairly old, 5 + years.
    On the flip side, bike prices have gone through the roof in the last year, it's hard to get frames cheap, especially right now...peak season. If your not too tall, check out Bobs bikes on ebay, they have new take-off KHS trail frames (5" travel) but in size small only for around $400 + or -. I am not a Sette hater, in fact I like them, but they do have support issues once discontinued.