Legworks Cycles Race Team

2011 Sette Razzo 29er Build

Hey guys! Chris and I started building up my new bike this afternoon and finished it up 99% atleast. Waiting on the 1X9 chainring to come in Monday. Currently it is built up 3x9 and weighs in at 26.02lbs.

Here are the specs: 2011 Sette Razzo 29er. Frame is a 20" (L) and weighs in at 3lbs12oz with the Thomson Seatpost Collar on it. The frame looks good, is pretty light. Welds, and Paint looks good. I was a little hesistant since it is a cheaper frame but heck figured I would chance it after reading tons of great reviews. The headset cups pressed in normal and the bottom bracket threaded without any problems. There was some paint overspray on the facing of the bottom bracket but nothing major.
    Rockshox Reba Race 29er Fork. Weighed in at 3lbs13oz
    Cane Creek S-3 Headset
    Thomson Seatpost
    Thomson Seatpost Collar
    Thomson Stem
    Truvativ Stylo Race Handlebar
    XT Crankset (Currently 3x9)
    XT Derailleur
    XT Shifter Pod
    XT Cassette
    Avid Elixir CR Hydraulic Disk Brakes
    Sette Evo Saddle
    Ergon GX-1 Grips
    BWW Pure 29er Wheelset with XT hubs
    Maxxis Ardent (Front)
    Maxxis CrossMark (Rear)
    CrankBrothers Candy C Pedals
    Weighed in at 26 lbs.

**Still waiting on the 1x9 parts (MRP Chain Guide and E*Thirteen 32Tooth Chainring) to get here and am gonna convert to tubeless with Schwalbe Tires (Rocket Ron and Racing Ralph). So should drop some more weight.

**Also going to build up a Stan's Rim with Industry Nine Hubs that will make a huge difference in weight.

Also I am 6'0" tall and 32" inseam and the 20" frame fits me perfect!!

Thanks to Chris for all the help!!!!! Now it is functional test time!!!!!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2011 Sette Razzo 29er Build-imag0780.jpg  

2011 Sette Razzo 29er Build-imag0782.jpg  

2011 Sette Razzo 29er Build-imag0783.jpg  

2011 Sette Razzo 29er Build-imag0789.jpg  

2011 Sette Razzo 29er Build-imag0786.jpg  

2011 Sette Razzo 29er Build-imag0788.jpg  

2011 Sette Razzo 29er Build-imag0787.jpg  

2011 Sette Razzo 29er Build-imag0790.jpg  

Last edited by keznancehdy; 06-25-2011 at 05:00 PM.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Nice, my medium frame weighed the exactly the same. I built mine a SS and came in just over 20lbs. I love my Razzo. Absolutely no regreats and would recommend to others. Since the pictures i raised the seat and shortened the rear brake line and now i run a sette chain tensioner. I hope to change rear cog to a 20t or 21t to find the "magic gear" and get rid of the tensioner.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2011 Sette Razzo 29er Build-007.jpg  

2011 Sette Razzo 29er Build-011.jpg  

2011 Sette Razzo 29er Build-010.jpg  

2011 Sette Razzo 29er Build-012.jpg  

2011 Sette Razzo 29er Build-009.jpg  

Looks good. I should drop a little weight when I get the Stan's Crest wheelset built up with Industry Nine Hubs and switch to my 1x9 setup. How do you like the Minute fork?

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    I have always had Fox and was concerned with only 80mm of travel. this minute fork is really amazing. It will blow through travel pretty fast but never bottoms. I have the pressure 5lbs more than called for and this seems about perfect. Plus this fork weighs in pretty light at 3.6 cut.All in all it has exceeded my expectations.

mtbr member
    Not to be an ass but that frame isn't 3.12 pounds, it's 3 pounds 12 ounces which is 3.75 pounds. Same goes for the fork.

No matter what it weighs, that's a beautiful bike! I've always been interested in building up one of those frames for a 29er race bike.

Man good catch....I wasn't even thinking that when I posted. You are absolutely right!!! LOL. I love it so far and highly recommend the frame!!

Well finally got the 1x9 parts in. Removed the (3) XT Chainrings and installed the E*13 32t chainring and MRP Chainguide. The bike weighs in at 25.75lbs.

When I get the new wheelset...>Stan's Crest, Industry Nine Hub, Schwalbe Rocket Ron (F) and Racing Ralph SS (R).......I should lose another 2.5 to 2.75lbs.

Bike rides great. I am sold on SETTE!

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    I just built up one of these as a budget build SS, it is weighing in at 21lbs but I have my heavy rims and tires on it, hoping to be around 19lbs when all said and done, As far as the bike goes, I can't believe it is a 200.00 frame, this thing rocks! I had a felt nie carbon and I have a epic marathon, and this thing is by far the most fun! I built it up rigid with a carbon fork, so not sure how you other guy's came in at just over 20 pounds? But I guess wwe'll see what the new rims do for me! Either way it's an awesome ride! Nice builds guys!

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    2011 Sette Razzo 29er Build-226.jpg

2011 Sette Razzo 29er Build-227.jpg

2011 Sette Razzo 29er Build-228.jpg
    Here's the build, had it weighed today 20.2 with eggbeaters on.

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    nice build! ive been thinking about getting one. Also ive always wondered how the name is pronounced haha

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by keznancehdy View Post
    Hey guys! Chris and I started building up my new bike this afternoon and finished it up 99% atleast. Waiting on the 1X9 chainring to come in Monday. Currently it is built up 3x9 and weighs in at 26.02lbs.

Here are the specs: 2011 Sette Razzo 29er. Frame is a 20" (L) and weighs in at 3lbs12oz with the Thomson Seatpost Collar on it. The frame looks good, is pretty light. Welds, and Paint looks good. I was a little hesistant since it is a cheaper frame but heck figured I would chance it after reading tons of great reviews. The headset cups pressed in normal and the bottom bracket threaded without any problems. There was some paint overspray on the facing of the bottom bracket but nothing major.
    Rockshox Reba Race 29er Fork. Weighed in at 3lbs13oz
    Cane Creek S-3 Headset
    Thomson Seatpost
    Thomson Seatpost Collar
    Thomson Stem
    Truvativ Stylo Race Handlebar
    XT Crankset (Currently 3x9)
    XT Derailleur
    XT Shifter Pod
    XT Cassette
    Avid Elixir CR Hydraulic Disk Brakes
    Sette Evo Saddle
    Ergon GX-1 Grips
    BWW Pure 29er Wheelset with XT hubs
    Maxxis Ardent (Front)
    Maxxis CrossMark (Rear)
    CrankBrothers Candy C Pedals
    Weighed in at 26 lbs.

**Still waiting on the 1x9 parts (MRP Chain Guide and E*Thirteen 32Tooth Chainring) to get here and am gonna convert to tubeless with Schwalbe Tires (Rocket Ron and Racing Ralph). So should drop some more weight.

**Also going to build up a Stan's Rim with Industry Nine Hubs that will make a huge difference in weight.

Also I am 6'0" tall and 32" inseam and the 20" frame fits me perfect!!

Thanks to Chris for all the help!!!!! Now it is functional test time!!!!!!!
    How does your Sette Razo compare to your Niner I see hanging on the wall?

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by bigherc View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	226.jpg 
Views:	1271 
Size:	117.3 KB 
ID:	646398

Name:	227.jpg 
Views:	1011 
Size:	116.3 KB 
ID:	646399

Name:	228.jpg 
Views:	986 
Size:	110.6 KB 
ID:	646400
    Here's the build, had it weighed today 20.2 with eggbeaters on.
    how do you like it? I am planning on a very similar build, sette razzo frame with the ritchey pro carbon fork, but with 1x9 gearing.

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by krott5333 View Post
    how do you like it? I am planning on a very similar build, sette razzo frame with the ritchey pro carbon fork, but with 1x9 gearing.
    I really like it, very light and fast! I rode it for 5 miles of straight climbing the other day and was way less fatigued than when I ride my fully geared Epic. If it were my only bike I would probably go 1x9 but I have a geared bike so it isn't really necessary, but the thought of a 22lbs geared bike does tempt me!

mtbr member
    I'm converting my Razzo to a SS. From my experience using chain tensioner, if the chain is pushed down, the cog tends to skip when hammering hard up steep climbs. I have the Sette Chain Tensioner and I'm going to pull the chain up to engage more cog teeth. How's the chainstay clearance if I pull the chain up?

I'm on Carbon Chinese frame the chain was too close to the chainstay when pulled up and was constantly banging into it.

AZ
    banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Dictatorsaurus View Post
    I'm converting my Razzo to a SS. From my experience using chain tensioner, if the chain is pushed down, the cog tends to skip when hammering hard up steep climbs. I have the Sette Chain Tensioner and I'm going to pull the chain up to engage more cog teeth. How's the chainstay clearance if I pull the chain up?

I'm on Carbon Chinese frame the chain was too close to the chainstay when pulled up and was constantly banging into it.

The YESS bottom bracket mounted tensioner gains you a bunch of chain stay clearance.

Yess ETR-B Bottom Bracket Chain Tensioner at Price Point

The perfessor
    currently trying to sell my road bike (magnesium frame / ultegra package) and pick up this same frame......will be building with shimano xt gear, new wheels, and might send off the Jekyll's Lefty for rebuild with 30 mm adapter installed for 29er fit w/321 kit...........just gotta sell the road bike - c'mon Christmas, someone needs my road bike cuz I need a new trail bike..........
    Trifecta is Perfecta: 26" FSR Geared / 29er SS Rigid / 29er Ti Hardtail Geared

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ.MTNS View Post
    The YESS bottom bracket mounted tensioner gains you a bunch of chain stay clearance.

Yess ETR-B Bottom Bracket Chain Tensioner at Price Point
    The YESS tensioner reminded me of the Blackspire Stringer I have and decided to give it a try. The stock Stinger roller guide was a bit narrow and tricky to get it perfectly centered underneath the chain, even with washers as spacers, so I removed the wide roller from the Sette chain tensioner and installed it on the Stinger bracket. Fit perfectly. The bike rode fine around the parking lot. Will try it out on the trails and see how it hold up.

AZ
    banned
    Cool, hope it works for you.