mtbr member

2 different Razzo rames on pp, which to buy?

There is the polished looking bare aluminum version at $179, and another for $249.
    The $179 frame says its 3.25 pounds at 18" size, the $249 frame says its 3.5 pounds at 18".
    Both claim to be similar in material, 7005 aluminum, etc.

Is the $249 frame just a newer model? Is one a little better than the other?
    Hardrock 29er, Niner EMD9, Cannondale F29, Camber Expert, 650b Nickel all gone.
    2014 Giant Anthem 27.5 here.

mtbr member
    It may be the weight of the extra paint that makes the newer version slightly heavier. 1/4 lb. seems like a bit much but it looks like there are a couple layers on there. I'm pretty sure they are the exact same frame though.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    same frames, $249 comes with 2011 paint scheme. agreed, no "weigh" the paint accounts for 1/4 lb diff, claimed weight on sites are quasi-reliable if you look closely on the pp site the 2011 razzo frame actually has both claimed weights listed... doh!

mtbr member
    Both frames are the exact same, one has more sizing options than the other because the one with the paint is a 2011 model the one w/out paint is the previous 3 years model and they are running out of stock for that one, It is missing the 18inch and 20inch sizes. I am not sure what to say about the weight.
    Ride & Smile

mtbr member
    Just saying that power coat, even on a 26" frame, can sometimes weigh up to an extra 100g or more. That would be just under a 1/4 pound difference... For real. I've stripped and polished a couple of frames and the difference was between 60 and 100g--and that was just for 16" 26er frames. I would imagine the difference on a large or extra-large frame would be a bit higher.
    Ride to Live...
    Specialites TA 42/28 and 40/26 rings for sale in MTBR Classifieds!

Never Satisfied...
    Jan 2009
    My polished Razzo frame (18") was exactly 3.2 lbs out of the box with the seat clamp....

Stray Bullet
    The newer painted models also have the cable routing underneath the top tube which is a nice touch.