mtbr member
    Feb 2008

16 inch Reken frame issue-need help.

I discovered a dimple (for lack of a better term) on the inside of the left chainstay (disc brake side) of my 16 inch Reken frame. It s abut 3 inches from the dropout. I resembles the clearance for the tires (up near the bottom bracket). It is not on my 18 inch frame like that. There is nothing to indicate a damage (paint damage or signs of strike force).I called Price Point Tech Dept. and suggested it may be a design feature to allow rotor clearance, and said everything is OK.I figured maybe it's because the wheelbse is shorter on the 16 inch than the 18 inch. I don' have access to a camera right now unfortuneatly. Anybody else have a 16 inch frame like this? I'd appreciate your help. Thanks in advance.-zarr

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    My 20 inch has a dimple I always thought was for brake rotor clearance. If you look on the Reken page there is a image gallery that I think shows the same dimple you are talking about.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Lesrace82 View Post
    My 20 inch has a dimple I always thought was for brake rotor clearance. If you look on the Reken page there is a image gallery that I think shows the same dimple you are talking about.

thanks. I'm building this frame up for my WIFE , so you know I can't make any mistakes.