mtbr member
    Jun 2005

14" Reken standover ?

Can anyone tell me what the real-world standover height is on the 14" Reken frame? Pricepoint geometry chart for the frame lists it at 25.23", but that is hard to believe?

Also, has anyone put 24" wheels on this frame? I'm thinking of building up a set with disc hubs if I purchase this frame.

You probably guessed this would be for a kid, = my son who is 4.5 feet tall.

thanks in advance!

mtbr member
    I can't validate it yet, but I am building a 14" for my friends son who will be 8 in October (don't have his measurements, but he's at least 53") within the next 10 days. Look over in the Family's riding with kids forum, there are a few good posts that contain the Reken in 14" as well as the Performance Access frame and children who are 53".

I have the same tucked away for next year, my son is 7 and it will fit him fine by the time he's 8 (don't have an exact measurement of him now).

mtbr member
    I found the number to be accurate. I built the bike tonight and he's going to love it. It's not tuned and etc as I ran out of daylight. I can post pictures later in the week if anyone is interested.

mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    please do post pics

mtbr member

Here is a picture

14" Reken
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 14" Reken standover ?-14inch-reken-pic-resize.jpg