Plays with tools

what bike to take for fun?

I know this is a MTB site but I get to take one bike to otter and I'm not racing at any point. Are there MTB trails around the venue that are not part of the race course? Driving somewhere isn't really an option. Road bike is fare game but that means I need to get off my ass and finish making it.

kneecap
    Dec 2003
    Yes, there are a lot of fun single track trails in fort ord. I'll probably take my 5" trance this year instead of my reign.
    Most the trails were smooth dirt/sand over rolling hills, nothing even resembling technical stuff, at least last year, but don't know if all the rain we had changed things.
    Maybe someone else will respond?

Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Quote Originally Posted by customfab
    I know this is a MTB site but I get to take one bike to otter and I'm not racing at any point. Are there MTB trails around the venue that are not part of the race course? Driving somewhere isn't really an option. Road bike is fare game but that means I need to get off my ass and finish making it.
    I heard you may be helping at SO? There are demo bikes available.
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

Plays with tools
    Yeh I'm going down there with Lewis and the guys from unique/zed. I know there are demo bikes available but I don't want to be forced to rely on a demo fleet.