mtbr member
    Mar 2009

Turn-by-turn directions for the XC course?

I'm looking for turn-by-turn directions for the xc course (preferably the 12 mile short course but the 19 mile one would be ok too) and any good links to course maps. I know 2010 isn't posted yet but I'm doing a pre-ride soon on the 2009 course. Also, where is a good place to park for a pre-ride? Drive into Laguna Seca, pay to park and then start from there? Is there any fence jumping or otherwise not legal stuff to do it that way?

Thx!
    ~Carolyn

mtbr member
    Mar 2006

Short Course

Start at Laguna Seca and park across from showers near the Mothers Bridge. Ride to the Corkscrew Bridge, cross and enter BLM/Fort Ord at bottom of path. BLM has unlocked gate. I would guess the Short and Long course will be the same as last year.

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    Thanks!

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    Carolyn807. I'm doing my first sea otter this year and would like to pre ride the course. Let me know if I can join in?

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    Sorry mmanuel09 - already was out there...course is fun, sandy but with some deeper-than-I'm-comfortable-with rain ruts - had to walk just a couple of short sections. I'm sure if I was more experienced I would be able to ride them but the ruts looks like big giant tire-grabbers to my beginner eyes and didn't fancy flying over the bars - maybe during the race I'll chance it...Have fun out there!

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    Yikes! I don't like deep ruts either. Is the map hard to follow? Good luck to you too and have a great time.

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    Map was easy to follow - I used this one since the 2010 maps are not up yet (they should be tomorrow on the SOC website)
    2009 Sea Otter XC Course Map

Good luck on race day!

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    Turn by turn directions and maps are now posted on the SOC site.