mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Super D & XC same day , time for both?

Having seen the Super D video posted in an other thread it looks like it takes less than 10min to complete. So does anyone know if there is enough time to then make it over to the xc course and race.

Is that trying to do to much in one day? This will be my first Sea Otter and I'll be competing in the beginner classes.

mtbr member
    What time is your XC race start?
    Thank you Lord for strength, endurance, and salvation.

Race Reports & Updates
    Team Santa Cruz / Fox Facebook Page

Dude, got any schwag?
    Quote Originally Posted by Crashman
    Having seen the Super D video posted in an other thread it looks like it takes less than 10min to complete. So does anyone know if there is enough time to then make it over to the xc course and race.

Is that trying to do to much in one day? This will be my first Sea Otter and I'll be competing in the beginner classes.
    Yes, doable. I emailed the promoters and they confirmed as much.
    Billy

Speed is sweet, it's like an avenue to
    ... Shredtopia!

mtbr member
    It'd be best to have someone at the bottom to pick you up if you have somewhere to be. Waiting for the shuttles stinks and can take a long time.
    Thank you Lord for strength, endurance, and salvation.

Race Reports & Updates
    Team Santa Cruz / Fox Facebook Page

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Shuttles will take you a long time...

I raced XC and DH last year (same day, and DH they don't provide start times until the day before the race itself), and while I emailed numerous times to ensure that my DH race would not be at the same time as XC - they ensured it would be fine and I would have no problems - when I got there they told me that the promoters and timing were all different people and nothing was guaranteed. It took me 2 days to find someone from TBB to ask about timing and they were going to schedule my DH category first up in the morning (same start time as XC). I kind of freaked out, especially since I was told a few times via email that it would not be a problem. DH timing said there was no way I could race in an empty spot later on; if I wasn't there for my scheduled start then I was DNS (they allowed someone else to race at a later time at Santa Ynez, so no idea why it wasn't okay for me).

Eventually they gave in and started my category about an hour after my XC finish. It was a mad rush to get changed and switch bikes, and I nearly bonked not having enough time to eat, but it worked out okay.

Just keep in mind the promoter and the timing people are different and they don't always agree

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Well,
    Super D is at 12p mass start and my class & age catagory for xc starts at 205p so I think I'll be ok.

Thanks for the feed back.