Thread: SOC traffic

mtbr member
    Jul 2008

SOC traffic

No... not car traffic...bike traffic.
    I find it very difficult to walk my bike, with my friends, around when everyone else (bikers) think they should be
    riding their bikes and not walking them.
    What makes you so special?
    Yeah yeah...I know you have to get to the next race but most people riding bikes aren't racing.
    I saw 5 different bikers ride up on walkers for no apparent reason.
    Why are people on bikes when they don't need to be on bikes?
    Have some respect for other riders and just plain folks walking and trying to enjoy the day.
    When in a crowd...Walk Your Bike.

XC rider
    I totally agree. I was wearing flip-flops drinking some Sierra Nevada and eating a Chicken Skewer in peace. Totally out of the way minding my own business when someone on a downhill bike ran over my foot. The actual running over of my foot was painless, it was the fact that I spilled my beer that sucked. It was total mayhem.
    Last edited by ninjaboot; 04-19-2009 at 09:23 AM.
    ccorc.org

mtbr member
    Feb 2007

Do you hate me?

I walked my bike around to the various booths with my sister all day (minus when I was racing), but I must admit, I did ride a bike around for a few minutes I was demo'ing a Specialized road bike! Sorry, I couldn't resist.

XC rider
    I rode also, but walked when necessary
    ccorc.org

LDH
    mtbr member
    I hobbled around the expo friday on crutches and thankfully did not have any close calls.

jrm
    mtbr member

Worse yet

was walking behind the people slogging their bike over the bridges. I saw some close calls in the expo areas
    Wreck the malls with cows on Harleys

Flyin Canine
    I pedaled around half the day and walked my bike around part of the time. Hey, what can I say my feet are not used to standing all day and they hurt like hell after a day at the otter. I also love having the bike available to get from the DH course over to the dual slalom course quickly when viewing races. Someone suggested that the have the bikes route around the expo and while I don't think it should be mandatory for many reasons I do think that if there was an optional route around the expo for people that were going from point A to point B and not needing to go into the expo area that would be a good thing.

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    I didn't think traffic was to bad. I walked around for most of the day and no close calls with bikes. I also jumped on Chumba F5 demo bike and didn't have any close calls with pedestrians. Everyone seemed to be acting responsibly.

Flying Goat
    you were there Les?? Didnt stop by the chumba booth to say hi?!?!?!? !)@&#*)@#*&!@)#@