rollin

Sea Otter DH Course....study up!

For those that might be racing the Sea Otter Classic DH, I shot this video last year (2012), specifically with the intent of showing the entire course, from top to bottom....here's an opportunity to study the course:

https://vimeo.com/40882268

Track Junkie
    Great video! You really covered the whole course.

Remember, that if we have any rain or the course is wet, the line will drastically change and lots of ruts and mud-bogs form on the course. It's just a different animal in the wet/rain.

We look forward to seeing the '13 video!
    I get paid to ride shotgun.

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    That is a great way to show the whole course. I really enjoyed the video. Thanks!

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Great vid!

rollin
    Thanks for the comments!

Glad y'all like it!

Airborne Flight Crew
    Wow, amazing some of the things I forgot from last time. Nice job!
    Airborne Flight Crew

Jerry Hazard website

Captain Climber
    Nice video.. That looks like a fun course and I'm a newbie!

MTB B'dos
    Good video, from the comments seems you covered the whole course, which is good. Honestly fairly pathetic for a DH course IMHO, the only thing making it a DH course is that it's going DH, what happened to all the rough/tech sections a DH course is supposed to have, the big drops and rock gardens, pretty damn lame again IMHO.
    One day your life will flash before your eyes, will it be worth watching??
    MTB Barbados
    My Phantom pics

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by LyNx View Post
    Good video, from the comments seems you covered the whole course, which is good. Honestly fairly pathetic for a DH course IMHO, the only thing making it a DH course is that it's going DH, what happened to all the rough/tech sections a DH course is supposed to have, the big drops and rock gardens, pretty damn lame again IMHO.
    I agree that it is not a true DH course, but think about it, where in the world would they put a real DH course at Laguna Seca?

MTB B'dos
    How hard would it be to bring in a few trucks loaded with some nice big boulders and make a few natural rock sections with drops etc, really? Not hard IMHO, definitely not for an event the size of Sea Otter.
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanMTB View Post
    I agree that it is not a true DH course, but think about it, where in the world would they put a real DH course at Laguna Seca?
    One day your life will flash before your eyes, will it be worth watching??
    MTB Barbados
    My Phantom pics

rollin
    How hard would it be to bring in a few trucks loaded with some nice big boulders and make a few natural rock sections with drops etc, really? Not hard IMHO, definitely not for an event the size of Sea Otter.
    They put in some wood drops one year, and everybody complained about the manmade drops.

It would be nice to create some kind of rocky stream bed type of section with some woops and logs...have some tight turns going into it so that people don't go flying full speed into it and yard sale. That might separate the times a bit.

Either way, it's still a race and the point is to see who's the fastest, regardless of course characteristics.

Airborne Flight Crew
    Rock garden would be cool... well, some sort of bumps of ANY kind would be interesting at least. Maybe build a pile of unexploded ordinance? what about a railroad tie garden? Staggered about, piled high in one spot, bare in another... Wouldn't be impossibly hard to move in/remove...

Seriously thinking of hitting it on my 29er this year.
    Airborne Flight Crew

Jerry Hazard website

mtbr member
    yeah, it's all flow trail. high speed berms and bmx style jumps. not that I dislike those things (I love them) but there does seem to be a missing element of ruggedness....