Lightly salted

Sea otter demo bikes

This will be my first sea otter and will be focusing on trying a few bikes I want to demo. Pivot firebird, ibis mojo hd, and trek slash. What are my chances of actually getting on a demo bike? Is it crazy long wait like waiting to get on a ride at Disneyland? Do you get a ticket, or wait in a line, or first come first serve? I figure it's going to be a long wait on demos. Luckily I take a size small which is not the norm so I may get lucky and not have long wait times. How much time/miles do you usually get to demo a bike before they want you to bring it back. I hope your allowed at least a few miles on varied terrain to get a decent feel.

Dude, got any schwag?
    You should have little problem getting some trail time on some sweet whips. Make sure to bring your ID & a credit card. And if you really want to get some riding in, bring your own bike, the vendors never like to have their demo bikes out for too long.

For your first Sea Otter, make sure you have some coin to spend on bike crap. Every vendor in there will tempt you with kick-a$$ Sea Otter deals.
    Billy

Speed is sweet, it's like an avenue to
    ... Shredtopia!

Track Junkie
    The vendors usually have ample demos available. Especially on Thurs & Friday, before the crowds of the weekend. It's First come, First serve.

Bring your bike (and ID and Credit Card) and riding gear to the booth. They will usually swap pedals for you and fit the bike and adjust the suspension for you. You can leave your bike with them while you take out theirs.

There is a "Demo loop" that's about 2 miles singletrack, and 2 miles of fireroad. It's a fair ride that takes about half an hour, allowing ample time to ride various bikes throughout the day.

And, yes, bring lots of cash. Sea Otter isn't cheap.

-B
    I get paid to ride shotgun.