mtbr member
    May 2012

Sea Otter Deals and Freebies

I will be roaming the festival tomorrow. What booths are worth hitting up? Any good deals worth checking out? Any cool free stuff? What is your favorite booth so far?

arrogant sandbagger
    May 2010
    I've had samples from everyone giving out samples. Food, gus, muck off lube, etc. But the best is Hammer, as I've filled my water bottles before and after every race.

Are you going to have a coupon book? In there you'll find tickets for a waterbottle and tube.

mtbr member

Bee Rubber is selling tires at almost 50% off, not free but a great deal. Tons of chain lube samples; finish line, squirt, WD-40, white lightning etc..... Oniel is giving out free trucker hats, free beer after 1:00 at Kenda.....

mtbr member

Vee rubber. ^^^^^^ (not bee)

mtbr member
    I was there yesterday and I must say that there are some really rude, ignorant people at these events. I saw people going in and grabbing more than their share of freebies, ie Chomps, Gu etc and their backpacks were so full of "free" crap that they were bumping into people with them. They didn't care what it was or if they even needed it as long as it was free. Not being the type to just swoop in a get the freebie and bolt, I actually talk to the proprietor so, that I'm not being some ingrat just taking stuff because it's free.
    I'm actually embarrassed for them. I said something to the Triflow booth and they were complaining about it to and mentioned that there are professional swaggers, some even filling baby strollers and rolling luggage. Just pathetic.

mtbr member

Quote Originally Posted by wakejunky View Post
    I was there yesterday and I must say that there are some really rude, ignorant people at these events. I saw people going in and grabbing more than their share of freebies, ie Chomps, Gu etc and their backpacks were so full of "free" crap that they were bumping into people with them. They didn't care what it was or if they even needed it as long as it was free. Not being the type to just swoop in a get the freebie and bolt, I actually talk to the proprietor so, that I'm not being some ingrat just taking stuff because it's free.
    I'm actually embarrassed for them. I said something to the Triflow booth and they were complaining about it to and mentioned that there are professional swaggers, some even filling baby strollers and rolling luggage. Just pathetic.
    I agree, kind of, I like the free samples and I plan on using them to find out which product I will use for the rest of the year....company's have to have that in mind when they come to the SOC. They will get many more customers even though there are SWAG "collectors" and even the collectors might find something they really like.

If I was selling something I would give as many samples as possible and not complain about it knowing I might get a few life long customers.