Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    DAS
    mtbr member

Post your SeaOtter race photos!

www.brightroom.com

I look the same every year. I need to mix up the jersies so I can tell the year's apart. I can tell you what was crossing my mind at this time: "Damn, I should have trained. This hurts!"

SS Sport. 46/85. Time of 1:46. Riding a rigid 29er SS.
    Attached Images Attached Images

(Ali)
    Sep 2006
    Here's me, obviously in pain. I was SS sport as well at 1:54.

http://www.brightroom.com/view_user_...8&PWD=&BIB=667

(I don't know what that other #667 is about. Not me! )

Ali

bike geek
    Clearly about to cough up a lung...this year's effort was good enough for 44th place in SS Sport.

mtbr member
    Mar 2008

Ouch! 20th 35-39 Sport for me.....(w/ an obvious high speed get off.....) Arrrggghhhh!

Cheers,

C.K.

mtbr member
    I was out on the fire road at the starting climbs of the Beginners Class race and got these photos that I posted on my flickr account. I was with Jeffh ringing the cow bell!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/96201277@N00/

ballbuster

How...

Quote Originally Posted by DAS
    www.brightroom.com

I look the same every year. I need to mix up the jersies so I can tell the year's apart. I can tell you what was crossing my mind at this time: "Damn, I should have trained. This hurts!"

did you link the pic? Did you screenshot it and repost it, or did you go html code diving for the source file?

ol'guy who says hi &waves
    Quote Originally Posted by pimpbot
    did you link the pic? Did you screenshot it and repost it, or did you go html code diving for the source file?
    I don't know understand most computer lingo. I saved it to my desktop and attached.

Serious racing requires serious attire.

I may not have the best of everything, but I have the best everything that matters.

bike geek
    Quote Originally Posted by pimpbot
    Something like (quoting DAS): "I assume you're on a PC, so look at your browser then Ctl+PrtScrn, then open Paint and paste. Then crop, then save as. This should give you a .jpg that you can post. From a Mac, Shift+Applekey+4 then mouse and click to snapshot. It saves a .png to your desktop."

ballbuster

That is...

Quote Originally Posted by fred-da-trog
    I don't know understand most computer lingo. I saved it to my desktop and attached.

Serious racing requires serious attire.

... a serious tire. What is that, a WTB Wherewolf?

ballbuster

Okay, I feel a bit guilty, but....

Quote Originally Posted by DAS
    www.brightroom.com

... here is a poached pic from Brightroom. I smell a C&D coming on.

Note... dang, that yellow jersey is not slimming on me at all!

Lusus Naturae

Stole a couple too

The ol vest jacket did its job. Still some sufferin to be had! Finished 29/78 in 1:57, Beginner 35-39.

32327-367-019f.jpg
    32327-173-023f.jpg

rj2
    mtbr member
    Ouch, climbing into the wind Saturday morning.

Wearing the deals from SO. $50 wool jersey from Endura. $8 Defeet wool arm warmers. Just the ticket for the freezing wind chill.
    We take care of your technology needs so you can focus on what's important.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    OK, here are my goofy pics...

XC beginner, placed 33/62. Time: 2:03 (slow ) . 30-34 category.

mtbr member
    Mar 2008

I went back on there to check out the prices..... Holy Smokes! They did post a bunch more though...... Wish I could afford some.

Cheers.

C.K.

Uncle

That's what I'm talkin' about!

Best XC pic yet by far. I'll say it again: Put a big sign next to the photographers, and you'll see a lot more exciting race pics. Maybe more carnage too

C.K., was that shot during the race, or are you a cheeky monkey? I think I smell some fun photoshop projects coming down the pipeline...
    Eat, ride, eat, rest, repeat.

mtbr member
    Feb 2007

Our 29er Single Speed Tandem Pic...

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by 105millimetersofpleasure
    Best XC pic yet by far. I'll say it again: Put a big sign next to the photographers, and you'll see a lot more exciting race pics. Maybe more carnage too

C.K., was that shot during the race, or are you a cheeky monkey? I think I smell some fun photoshop projects coming down the pipeline...

It was actually on my pre-run of the course. (in which I learned is not a great idea to do during another race at 5 P.M. the day before your race.) Needless to say keeping it easy when you run into several other friends in the same class/race as well as being unfamiliar w/ a one lap race format will leave ya a bit tired at 8 A.M. the next morning.

C.K.

P.S. The photog's always shoot bad XC photo's. There are a million places to shoot killer image on course however, they spread out over 20 miles and it's easy to shoot someone climbing a hill.

ballbuster

You'll prolly see...

Quote Originally Posted by 105millimetersofpleasure

Lots of faaces with goofy grins, poses, and flipping birds and devil signs too.

Heck, I would totally make devil horns for the camera if I knew it were coming.

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Oi! Man.... I didn't know he was there, ya give me some down hill speed and a decent hit and it's on. Hell it wouldn't take much more than someone that gave a *(^% to take cool XC photo's.....)

If you can't see a Feller sitting on the top of a top of a hill w/ a lens the size of a baseball bat there might not be much help for ya.

Cheers,

C.K.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    i'm post a few thousand pics. got the pro XC events (friend from TX was riding) and a bunch of downhill stuff...just might have one of you

http://commiebiker.smugmug.com/Mount...Racing:/500983

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    If I may ask, what setup are you running when you take these pics? Currently using film, trying to break into the world of digital, or at least in SLR. I've had a point and shoot digi for a while.
    Thanks,
    Jason

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Nikon D200...love the camera. Get digital SLR as soon as you can. The D200 and D300 will use almost all the legacy Nikon lenses with full functionality. A huge point to consider if you currently have and SLR is if you can use any of your current equipment or if you want to start from scratch. For most stuff I use a collection of prime lenses: 10.5 fish eye, 20mm, 85mm, and 180 mm. good luck!

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Thanks for the info...currently I use a Pentax ZX-L and with a 28-210mm lens that I think I can use with digital cams. My other two lenses are manual focus and cannot be used with the digital cam.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    All the pictures are (finally) up

mtbr member
    Jan 2006

Here ya' go...

This was taken from the Super D

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast