mtbr member

Nothing To Drink At The End Of The Cat 1 XC Race

That was sweet! Where's my entry fee going again?

I guess it wasn't hot enough. Maybe, they were waiting for it to warm up.

mtbr member
    Yeah I thought I was going to pass out. Rode back to my campsite and downed a couple bottles of water. Then went over to cytomax and went through maybe 3 bottles of cyto and a couple muscle milks. Thanks Cyto for stepping up where SOC planning failed!
    Thank you Lord for strength, endurance, and salvation.

Race Reports & Updates
    Team Santa Cruz / Fox Facebook Page

mtbr member
    same thing in Cat 2. i was pretty thirsty there at the end of my race and no water in sight. A very nice man who was clipping the chip off my ankle handed me one of those cytomax things that the cytomax guys were giving out. got back to my car and I forgot water!... had a 12 pack on ice though. a cold ass Lagunitas IPA and I was feeling better. few!... it was a close one. I almost had to go home... (that's a joke, because I live a 10 minute car ride from Laguna Seca)..

Your Best Friend
    I haven't been to many races that offered anything at the end of the race. I was pleasantly suprised to have a water and shotblock station halfway in. I was bummed to not get a t-shirt or even socks. I've never been to a race that didn't have at least one of those items and most of them have cheaper entry fees. I actually thought the racer schwag bag was a joke. If I wanted junk mail I'd hang out by my mailbox.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    That's why I raced last year with a Camelbak