mtbr member
    Oct 2005

Mileage for Expert Women

Just curious as to why the Expert women race the same distance as the Sport women? My wife has moved up to Expert(CAT 1 ) this year and is kind of dismayed as to why the two classes run the same distance. Shouldn't the CAT 1 women run 2 laps like the pro women- just like in the men's categories? It just seems that if you are going to where the Expert title then you should be required to perform like one. I can't think of any big Expert races ( other than this one) that run only 19 miles.

mtbr member
    I don't understand why beginner women is shorter either. Weird. They must not think us little ladies can handle it. Will be interested to know why?

pewpewpew Moderator
    They have been chopping at the women's times for about 3 years now. Despite letters, complaints, etc, for some reason they won't change it back to how it used to be. Yes it used to be 2 laps for expert/pro, 1 full lap for sport AND beginner.

I won't race SS women anymore because they also decided to lump women beginner and sport together, and it is only a 10 mile course. 10 mile for cat 2. Right. No thanks.
    Love, Impy