Thread: Lodging?

mtbr member
    Sep 2003

Lodging?

Is it always this expensive for the Sea otter for lodging? Am i looking in the wrong place? Any secrets to finding good lodging?

Thanks,

mtbr member
    Mar 2006

Monterey Peninsula Pricing

Like every place in the good old USA price is based on supply and demand. Monterey is no different. I am sure you can find a small hotel in Salinas between $65 - $85 per night. However, the closer you get to the Laguna Seca venue prices will increase and the number of night stays will be required. These higher priced hotels may have safer parking and better amendities for your rigs. Check the hotel partners on the Laguna Seca Website and the Sea Otter Classic Website.

Also, don't forget the value of a warm shower, cold beer, and a hot meal after a fun day in the mud, rain and possible wind. Lets pray for nice weather in 2009.

mtbr member
    Sep 2003
    Thanks for the advice. Let me look at their site.

mtbr member
    Salinas is the way to go if you don't want to spend much money. Monterey is generally much more expensive. If anyone tells you Salinas is dangerous, don't listen to them, I live here and its totally fine. There is one part of town that is kind of bad but there really isn't anything to worry about.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by SuccaMC
    Salinas is the way to go if you don't want to spend much money. Monterey is generally much more expensive. If anyone tells you Salinas is dangerous, don't listen to them, I live here and its totally fine. There is one part of town that is kind of bad but there really isn't anything to worry about.

Bullsh!t!!!
    My inlaws live in Salinas (makes for cheap lodging for me and my friends). My father-inlaw is a Monterey County sheriff deputy. Salinas has a MAJOR hispanic gang problem. My mother-inlaw was car jacked at a major intersection, during the middle of the day. One of their neighbors had their garage door pulled right off of their house so the thugs could steal their car.
    Watch your ass if you stay in Salinas!!
    Its all Shits and Giggles until somebody Giggles and Shits

mtbr member
    Hispanic gangs kill people in other hispanic gangs. I've lived here my WHOLE life and I have never been the victim of petty crime. If you don't wanna get car-jacked lock your doors. Same as in any other town.

Bring on the Funk!
    Mar 2007
    This will be my third year at The Goodnite Salinas Inn. Cheap and great fun! I come from Vancouver BC, Canada and find Salinas to be super mellow. Just my 2 cents.