Track Junkie

I'm a raffle weiner! Thanks MTBR!

Thanks MTBR for the awesome GoPro helmet camera I won on Saturday. It took only one ticket, which I recieved about 20 min before the raffle, to win this prize. Not just the camera, but a 2gb memory card, extra batteries, and an extra mounting kit. I got the whole package!

I've been fiddling around with the camera, and it's more impressive than I thought it would be. Mostly I've been trying to figure out how/where to mount it on the bike or car for a cool, unique perspective. When mounted to a std mtb helmet, the helmet shakes too much (because of the extra weight on the helmet) and the videos aren't very usable. However ,a full-face helmet or race-car helmet works nicely. I've also found that mounted to the bike/vehicle it works great too.Needless to say, I now have another gadget to play with.

The major downside is that my fiancee already thinks her butt looks too big when she rides in front of me. I guess we won't be seeing many videos of her riding off the front...

Thanks again!

-Brad
    I get paid to ride shotgun.

Ride what you want!!
    Since were thanking mtbr, thanks for the raceface DH crank set, chain guard, headset, and extra bb.

My daughter won them but traded them to me for a new cellphone and some new clothes.

george
    Trogs: Too Tough for Carbon Fiber

swag ho Administrator
    That's awesome guys!! It's cool to see and hear that the mtbr raffle was a hit. There's highs and lows here and there but the raffle still delivers!

fc
    IPA will save America

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Winner of DT hoops and sweatshirt here... I love MTBR!

anyways, I was standing next to Octane when he was talking to his buddies about the GoPro and overheard the funniest quote of Saturday: "Hey... this thing is sweet! Comes with the memory card. Oh, and batteries! OOOH! and MOUNTING KIT! WE CAN USE THIS TONIGHT!!!!...... we're gonna get DRUNK"

Track Junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by bstyle74
    anyways, I was standing next to Octane when he was talking to his buddies about the GoPro and overheard the funniest quote of Saturday: "Hey... this thing is sweet! Comes with the memory card. Oh, and batteries! OOOH! and MOUNTING KIT! WE CAN USE THIS TONIGHT!!!!...... we're gonna get DRUNK"
    It's true!
    I get paid to ride shotgun.

On MTBR hiatus :(
    Ah, what the hay...

THANKS, MTBR! For the awesome RaceFace T-shirt I caught and kept for myself. And the awesome Roach T-shirt I caught and gave to my wife, who passed it on to somebody else. And the awesome other T-shirt I caught and gave to my brother-in-law.

I was a free T-shirt magnet on Saturday, baby! Yeah!

And on behalf of Speedub.Anne, THANKS, MTBR! For the sexy zip-up Quiksilver Edition Trek hoodie that kept her warm in the tent Saturday night. That SOB had an $85 price tag on it!

Between you guys and the Primal tent, we're clothed through the whole summer!

Seriously, Franics, you know you ruin Sea Otter for a TON of people, right? "Well, ok, we can go watch part of the DS... but we've GOT to be back at the MTBR booth at FOUR!" Makes it a drag when some of our invited guests are hoofing it from the outskirts.
    speedub.nate
    MTBR Hiatus UFN

mtbr member
    Dec 2003
    Dude, you are the schwag king. nice score!

-Sp

Quote Originally Posted by george_da_trog
    Since were thanking mtbr, thanks for the raceface DH crank set, chain guard, headset, and extra bb.

My daughter won them but traded them to me for a new cellphone and some new clothes.

george

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    Didn't win a thing. =(

I was also standing in the complete opposite direction the wind was blowing so I was unable to grab any freebies. =(

But thanks for the raffle, and congrats to those who won. Those were some awesome prizes. =)

rj2
    mtbr member
    I won a log on t-shirt and arm warmers for answering the trivia question. That's the second year in a row. Nada on the numbers, but I did get a Giro hat during the swag heave.

Thanks Francis

Richard
    We take care of your technology needs so you can focus on what's important.

moreon
    Quote Originally Posted by Matches Malone
    Didn't win a thing. =(

I was also standing in the complete opposite direction the wind was blowing so I was unable to grab any freebies. =(

But thanks for the raffle, and congrats to those who won. Those were some awesome prizes. =)
    That wind was a killer. Every shirt or softgood I threw ended up blowing back towards the front crowd. Next year we're gonna tie shirts to rocks so we can get better distribution.

mtbr member
    Sock Guy Arm warmers for me. Gracias

mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    Next year we're gonna tie shirts to rocks so we can get better distribution. [/QUOTE]

Oh maybe innertubes tie it to the shirts

is down to roll...
    I was one # off from a fork, but at least I caught a shirt. Unfortunately, I dropped it when I snatched up a RF headset that was tossed up for grabs. That's a heavy little box to be throwing! A person behind me said some kid picked up the shirt in the aftermath... hooray for free stuff!

mtbr member
    Dec 2003
    I ended up winning the fork still waiting for it to arrive though!

-Sp

Quote Originally Posted by East Bay Rich
    I was one # off from a fork, but at least I caught a shirt. Unfortunately, I dropped it when I snatched up a RF headset that was tossed up for grabs. That's a heavy little box to be throwing! A person behind me said some kid picked up the shirt in the aftermath... hooray for free stuff!

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    my buddy got a baby girl tee lol.

i offered that girl 1200 cash for that blur she won, i got rejected