Over the Hill

Is it a huge party scene?

I'll be attending my first SOC this year. What are the campgrounds like at night? Are any quiet hours enforced? I like to sleep. I got a spot at one of the farthest away most basic camp areas. I can't live with party animals.

ballbuster

Pretty much....

Quote Originally Posted by Club Mud View Post
    I'll be attending my first SOC this year. What are the campgrounds like at night? Are any quiet hours enforced? I like to sleep. I got a spot at one of the farthest away most basic camp areas. I can't live with party animals.
    .. yeah. Folks are generally pretty cool, tho. Things go quiet by 10:00.

If you're really concerned about getting sleep, get a cheap motel room in Salinas.

Klunkin' Ain't Easy.
    Agreed. If you're a light sleeper either get earplugs or a hotel room. Especially Friday night if there is a movie premiere in town. People will be coming back into camp all night.
    Obviously, you're not a golfer.

J
    ROOOOOOOO
    Its kinda the luck of wherever you end up. I'm a light sleeper, it's not that bad. Get some earplugs and just go with it. Friday is usually quieter on Saturday.

Dark Horse Racing
    It's Sea Otter, of course people are going to be a little excited and want to celebrate a weekend of biking and racing, NOT working. Some of the further primative campsites are the rowdiest because of the isolation from security but for the most part people are considerate. Just remember it's your first year and some people have been camping there for years.

mtbr member
    Campground H has gotten pretty rowdy the last few years, usually on Saturday night. Ear plugs are pretty crucial but its not absolutely nuts. I haven't had problems sleeping, plugs and beers work wonders!!

jrm
    mtbr member

"H" was also the location of

some serious frontier justice a couple of years ago when some drunk DHer had his a$s handed to um by some folks trying to sleep the night before their race.
    Wreck the malls with cows on Harleys

ballbuster
    Quote Originally Posted by jrm View Post
    some serious frontier justice a couple of years ago when some drunk DHer had his a$s handed to um by some folks trying to sleep the night before their race.
    That never stops being funny.

I wasn't there, but I heard the story.