Team Fearless Descender

How's the Weather Looking?

Just two weeks out, and I know its "weather", so can change quickly, but how are things looking up there? How are the trails at this point?
    "...when your ride is nearly over, it seems to have lasted but an instant..."

Stuff

NONDURO
    Iíll be pre-riding the course on Thursday the 19th, and will report back here with my observations.
    QUOTE from MTBR.COM: You have given out too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.

b a n n e d
    Hope its good! I'll be driving up from LA on Friday.
    Alcohol may lead nowhere, but it sure is the scenic route!

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Weather was great yesterday, topped over 75 . Can't predict the weather but online shows 64-67 for the sea otter. Trails were perfect yesterday and we will be out there's again today!

b a n n e d
    Down here in SoCal, we've got a front moving in this week which is supposed to bring rain later in the week. I'd imagine the same front will hit up North too, so if it does, I hope things have a chance to try out.
    Alcohol may lead nowhere, but it sure is the scenic route!

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Leopold Porkstacker View Post
    Iíll be pre-riding the course on Thursday the 19th, and will report back here with my observations.
    What days are best for preriding the XC course?? I race cat 2 Sunday morning

(Ali)
    Sep 2006
    The trails were horrible on March 31 after a rainy day and night. My buddy's drive train got clogged 2 miles into the course with sandy clay! He could not ride 100 meters without getting a chain suck. (My singlespeed seemed to have ignored the issue. )

On the other hand, just one week later on April 7, the trails were awesome! The weather was perfect too.

Ali

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    i prerode the course on saturday the 7th and it was absolutely perfect.

we're expecting rain this week through friday, with clear skies through wednesday the 18th.

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    Currently overcast and looking at a slight chance of showers throughout the day and a definite chance of rain in the next few days, but next week is looking to be pretty good though. I really hope it does rain, a lot, this weekend because Fort Ord is about as dry as it gets. And I did ride the course the 31st, and yes it was muddy and slippery out of Laguna Seca and down to the top of #50, but the other side of 50, the ridge, 49 and 43 were all in good shape. Ord is really sandy and runs well in the wet.. We coud use some rain to increase knob penetration to maximum level... tr-
    - .... . / .. -.. .. --- - ... / .... .- ...- . / - .- -.- . -. / --- ...- . .-.

www.derbyrims.com
    Looking good.... NOAA weather today predicts Salinas to have a chance of rain through Friday night, then sunny in the higher 60's this coming Sunday through the Wednesday before Sea Otter. The same for Monterey, but 5 degrees cooler.

Team Fearless Descender
    Yes, it is looking good! Yea! Can't wait to get away for a few days and enjoy the Otter.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails How's the Weather Looking?-capture.jpg  

Stuff

mtbr member
    Oct 2005

Weather Update from Sea Otter

The weather is going to be great. Warming trend peaking Sat. in the high 70's to 80's, then a little cooler on Sunday, around 74. Thrus and Fri around 64 but hotter in the direct sun for sure. Bring sunscreen.

R.I.P. DogFriend
    Today's weather was absolutely stellar. Sunny and perfect to ride with just a jersey. A very light cool breeze to cool you off a tad on the climbs. There are some sandy spots here and there, a few that will likely get a little chewed up ven more by the time the races take place will be interesting to deal with at race pace. A few climbs have some ruts to deal with as well, but overall the conditions are very nice. If it stays like this, you're in for a fine w/e.

Currently sunny and clear in Monterey too.

Team Fearless Descender
    Jeffj and all... yep, about as good as it gets! See ya'll up there. I'll be the one with the bike!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails How's the Weather Looking?-capture.jpg  

Stuff