mtbr member
    May 2006

DH trail open for wknd riding?

Is the sea otter downhill open for wknd riding? If so, what is the trail name(s)?

Thanks

mtbr member
    it lines the shooting range so good luck, make sure to wear bright orange
    Quote Originally Posted by thefuzzbl
    aluminium has a tendency to fail when you need it most. i.e. you end up with a bad day.

mtbr member
    the above was sarcasm, no it is only open on race day form what I remember, pre-riding won't do you any good, the course will get blown-out by race morning so every practice run before your race run is only good to get your cardio up.
    Quote Originally Posted by thefuzzbl
    aluminium has a tendency to fail when you need it most. i.e. you end up with a bad day.

Ancient Chinese Secret
    Quote Originally Posted by scooter916
    the above was sarcasm, no it is only open on race day form what I remember, pre-riding won't do you any good, the course will get blown-out by race morning so every practice run before your race run is only good to get your cardio up.
    Actually, isn't it open Weds-Sunday on race week (i.e. not just on race day)?

But, to answer the original poster's question, no it isn't open and you can't ride it before the Sea Otter starts. I wish it would.

i love snow
    the shooting range is not open 7 days a week. the dh course is not a year round trail. it is built for the otter and then taken down. sure would be nice if they would leave it in for a shuttle run for the local riders.