RFD352
    Mar 2007

Camping in the Paddock at Sea Otter

Looking for some insight as to what the paddock camping is like. Are the RV's packed in like sardines or is there room to put out awnings and maybe a pop-up tent next to the RV? Is there anywhere in the Paddock that is better then others? We are going in on Thursday afternoon and staying through Sunday. Our group has three trailers ranging from 19' to a fifth wheel at 40'. We have a bazillion kids with bikes and want to stay away from any major traffic lanes in the paddock. Thanks in advance for any tips to make it a good weekend for all.
    RFD352

RFD352
    Mar 2007
    Anybody?
    RFD352

RFD352
    Mar 2007
    Bueller?
    RFD352

Track Junkie
    You will be camping in a parking lot. Arriving early Thursday you should be able to pick a nice corner of the parking area and have a little extra room. There are no fires or tent stakes allowed in the "D" area.

Campground "E" is a packed dirt/gravel area, and each spot is designated and wide enough for a large RV plus an awning/tent area. The "E" camping area is a gravel area, and fires/bbq's are allowed in contained rings, and tent stakes are allowed. "E" area also offers a much better view, at the expense of a longer walk/ride to get to any of the venues.

"E" is a better camping area if you get two or three sites side-by-side. It can be windy(er) than the "D" area, and muddy if it rains, but is worth the view.

I would chose "E" first (assuming I could reserve 3 sites side-by-side), then I would probably chose "D", then "F" and then "G"

This is my 19th year attending the SOC, and have camped at all of the different locations.

I hope this helps!
    I get paid to ride shotgun.

RFD352
    Mar 2007
    Thanks for the info!
    RFD352