Thread: Camping

mtbr member
    Mar 2010

New question here. Camping

Just wondering if anyone recommends (or not) camping at the location. This is my first time there and not sure whether to get a hotel or camp - are there groups of peeps looking for additional camp members?

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    I highly recommend it. We camped in the paddock/pits last year and had a very pleasant experience. Cars and people moving into the venue during the day are many. When camping you get passes to drive and park closer than others driving in. Very convenient to move throughout the race and expo area from the campground. The paddock (Camp D I think) is a big asphalt parking lot. Not great if you have a tent. We crashed in a box trailer and cooked outside. Bring an shade canopy or shelter. People across from us were camping in the back of a big UHaul truck. They set up a nice outdoor kitchen and then crawled in at night. Loud and obnoxious partiers were absent from our camp area. RV rentals are also available if more accomodating creature comforts are desired. Nice bathrooms are close by. I would be camping again this year if it were not for a birthday in Yosemite the same weekend.

Do the camping. Close by bathrooms negate the need to worry about full holding tanks. There is a service that travels through and will pump you tanks clean and fill you with potable water for about $25. I guess the short of it is, there are many options to suit the style of camping you area accustomed to. Being close adds to the experience. Especially if you are racing; spend you time during practice sessions riding instead of fighting traffic and parking.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    If anyone is looking for a site, I have a friend trying to sell hers

Hook-up site at Sea Otter 2010.

Reservation is for 4 nights arrive Wed - depart Sun, in the CHAPARRAL 'B' CAMPGROUND, site #51L. The breakdown per night cost is $95.00, reserved nights are not negotiable as this reservation was made with Sea Otter and the options for reserving sites were 3 or 4 nights and we picked the 4 nights. This does not mean you have to camp all 4 nights.

This is the PRIME campground for the Sea Otter classic and sells out within 2-4 hrs of reservations opening.

Chaparral sites have water and electric hook-ups, NO sewer.You can pay an additional amount when checking in for their dump service at your campsite.

This site backups to a view of the DH course across the valley.

Chaparral campground also offers real showers and toilets. 51L is located just a few sites away from the Shower/Restroom building.

Here is the campgound map link http://www.seaotterclassic.com/campi...roundInfo&ID=2