Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Beer and donuts

mtbr member

Beer and donuts

who enjoyed the beer and donuts feed station for the Saturday XC race?
    Quote Originally Posted by thefuzzbl
    aluminium has a tendency to fail when you need it most. i.e. you end up with a bad day.

mtbr member
    WHERE!?!?.... i love beer and donuts..... I did slow down for a string of high fives from the GT cheerleaders right there at the end....

mtbr member
    we had donuts but we ran out pretty quick, you should have rode a little faster. we were heckling with the gold diggers for awhile than hey left
    aluminium has a tendency to fail when you need it most. i.e. you end up with a bad day.

FTM
    I grabbed a donut but it tore as I was putting it into my mouth, all I got was a thumb full of lemony filling. I was going for a sprinkled one (thought it would look good with my pink bike) but got filled instead, and put my thumb where there wasn't a hole; should have slowed down for better aim. Didn't know about the beer, however, I still had my other hand.

Thanks for keeping things fun.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by scooter916
    we had donuts but we ran out pretty quick, you should have rode a little faster. we were heckling with the gold diggers for awhile than hey left
    I would have grabbed a beer for SURE!..... nothing better than a good hard XC race and a cold ass beer at 9:30 in the am. Really, thanks for keeping it fun!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by scooter916
    Hey Scoot did you have the PBR booth? If so I won a free PBR t-shirt from you guys. I was one of the peeps that asked for a beer in the morning

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Towards the top of the climb a guy yells, "free beer" at me and I stuck out my hand but he looked a little suprised and by then, was already too far behind me. Oh well, I had plenty of homebrew waiting at the end of the race. I did help myself to a donut and still managed a 4th place finish.

mtbr member
    sorry about that man, next year we will bring some cheap ass beer to give out ,Sierra is to good for all you Racer Types lol

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    So that is where the chunk of doughnut that was lay in the middle of the trail, just a the top of the final climb came from. There have been plenty of times where I might have taken advantage of a stray doughnut, but I knew the end was near so I held out.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by quicklaps
    I would have grabbed a beer for SURE!..... nothing better than a good hard XC race and a cold ass beer at 9:30 in the am. Really, thanks for keeping it fun!
    the beer warmed up pretty quick

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fired Yo Momma
    Hey Scoot did you have the PBR booth? If so I won a free PBR t-shirt from you guys. I was one of the peeps that asked for a beer in the morning

no that wasn't me, just a regular spectator that wanted to keep it fun and cheer people up on the last climb

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by FTM
    I grabbed a donut but it tore as I was putting it into my mouth, all I got was a thumb full of lemony filling. I was going for a sprinkled one (thought it would look good with my pink bike) but got filled instead, and put my thumb where there wasn't a hole; should have slowed down for better aim. Didn't know about the beer, however, I still had my other hand.

Thanks for keeping things fun.
    I believe this belongs to you LOL
    Attached Images Attached Images

FTM
    Yup, that's it. If you still have it, I'll pay for postage.

mtbr member

Beer Donuts and XC..ohhh yeah and some Hotties!

ohhh yeah and some Hotties!

mtbr member
    Scooter ~ thanks for the beer mon!! Nothing like a belch after slugging down several
    chugs and throwing up in your mouth . Good to see some friendlies on that miserable hill. Next time I need to have a doughnut first...

mtbr member

Couple More

those are Rollercams...
    Free beer AND donuts???? I gotta start racing again.

Truly a wealth of useless information.

http://blackdogadventureteam.blogspot.com/

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by WTB-rider
    Free beer AND donuts???? I gotta start racing again.

I have yet to talk with the others but I'm sure we will be at the Downieville classic and SSWC with even more beer and donuts so we don't run out. I'm sorry to all the sport racers that missed out at Sea Otter, it was a last minute idea, next time we will be sure to have plenty of donut holes and ice cold PBR

mtbr member
    Looking forward to more of your gracious hospitality in Downieville.

mtbr member
    daaaamn....That blondie is hot...

mtbr member
    we are gearing up for this year, donut holes and a 24 pack of PBR, in paper cones or dixie cups. Sport race only, the expert pro guys take this $hit to seriously.

and we will have a microphone or two this year so you will know about the food at the base of the hill.

mtbr member
    Come to think about it, we may need two 24pks if this gets out

mtbr member
    knowing this, i will be moving up this year to take advantage of these perks.

Lusus Naturae
    Let me know if you actually buy some real beer.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by NoBalance
    Let me know if you actually buy some real beer.

well if you want to contribute some cash than I can get you real beer but I'm buying beer for 500 out of my own pocket, so get what you get or at least let us know what your race number is so we don't waste the "crap beer" on you

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast