Beer and donuts

Printable View

• 04-20-2009
    scooter916
    Beer and donuts
    who enjoyed the beer and donuts feed station for the Saturday XC race?
  • 04-21-2009
    quicklaps
    WHERE!?!?.... i love beer and donuts..... I did slow down for a string of high fives from the GT cheerleaders right there at the end....
  • 04-21-2009
    scooter916
    we had donuts but we ran out pretty quick, you should have rode a little faster. we were heckling with the gold diggers for awhile than hey left
  • 04-21-2009
    FTM
    I grabbed a donut but it tore as I was putting it into my mouth, all I got was a thumb full of lemony filling. I was going for a sprinkled one (thought it would look good with my pink bike) but got filled instead, and put my thumb where there wasn't a hole; should have slowed down for better aim. Didn't know about the beer, however, I still had my other hand.

Thanks for keeping things fun.
  • 04-21-2009
    quicklaps
    Quote:

Originally Posted by scooter916
    we had donuts but we ran out pretty quick, you should have rode a little faster. we were heckling with the gold diggers for awhile than hey left

I would have grabbed a beer for SURE!..... nothing better than a good hard XC race and a cold ass beer at 9:30 in the am. Really, thanks for keeping it fun!
  • 04-21-2009
    Fired Yo Momma
    Quote:

Hey Scoot did you have the PBR booth? If so I won a free PBR t-shirt from you guys. I was one of the peeps that asked for a beer in the morning
  • 04-21-2009
    jonesjus
    Towards the top of the climb a guy yells, "free beer" at me and I stuck out my hand but he looked a little suprised and by then, was already too far behind me. Oh well, I had plenty of homebrew waiting at the end of the race. I did help myself to a donut and still managed a 4th place finish.
  • 04-21-2009
    enabler
    sorry about that man, next year we will bring some cheap ass beer to give out ,Sierra is to good for all you Racer Types lol
  • 04-21-2009
    kc929
    So that is where the chunk of doughnut that was lay in the middle of the trail, just a the top of the final climb came from. There have been plenty of times where I might have taken advantage of a stray doughnut, but I knew the end was near so I held out.
  • 04-21-2009
    scooter916
    Quote:

Originally Posted by quicklaps
    I would have grabbed a beer for SURE!..... nothing better than a good hard XC race and a cold ass beer at 9:30 in the am. Really, thanks for keeping it fun!

the beer warmed up pretty quick
  • 04-21-2009
    scooter916
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Fired Yo Momma
    Hey Scoot did you have the PBR booth? If so I won a free PBR t-shirt from you guys. I was one of the peeps that asked for a beer in the morning

no that wasn't me, just a regular spectator that wanted to keep it fun and cheer people up on the last climb
  • 04-21-2009
    scooter916
    1 Attachment(s)
    Quote:

Originally Posted by FTM
    I grabbed a donut but it tore as I was putting it into my mouth, all I got was a thumb full of lemony filling. I was going for a sprinkled one (thought it would look good with my pink bike) but got filled instead, and put my thumb where there wasn't a hole; should have slowed down for better aim. Didn't know about the beer, however, I still had my other hand.

Thanks for keeping things fun.

I believe this belongs to you LOL
  • 04-22-2009
    FTM
    Yup, that's it. If you still have it, I'll pay for postage.
  • 04-23-2009
    Alumni
    3 Attachment(s)
    Beer Donuts and XC..ohhh yeah and some Hotties!
    ohhh yeah and some Hotties!
  • 04-23-2009
    MilanO
    Scooter ~ thanks for the beer mon!! Nothing like a belch after slugging down several
    chugs and throwing up in your mouth ;) . Good to see some friendlies on that miserable hill. Next time I need to have a doughnut first...
  • 04-23-2009
    Alumni
    1 Attachment(s)
    Couple More
    :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
  • 04-27-2009
    WTB-rider
    Free beer AND donuts???? I gotta start racing again.
  • 04-27-2009
    scooter916
    Quote:

Originally Posted by WTB-rider
    Free beer AND donuts???? I gotta start racing again.

I have yet to talk with the others but I'm sure we will be at the Downieville classic and SSWC with even more beer and donuts so we don't run out. I'm sorry to all the sport racers that missed out at Sea Otter, it was a last minute idea, next time we will be sure to have plenty of donut holes and ice cold PBR
  • 04-29-2009
    Alumni
    Looking forward to more of your gracious hospitality in Downieville. :thumbsup:
  • 02-14-2010
    bmxer72
    daaaamn....That blondie is hot...
  • 02-15-2010
    scooter916
    we are gearing up for this year, donut holes and a 24 pack of PBR, in paper cones or dixie cups. Sport race only, the expert pro guys take this $hit to seriously.

and we will have a microphone or two this year so you will know about the food at the base of the hill.
  • 02-15-2010
    scooter916
    Come to think about it, we may need two 24pks if this gets out
  • 02-18-2010
    worthy_4242
    knowing this, i will be moving up this year to take advantage of these perks.
  • 02-22-2010
    NoBalance
    Let me know if you actually buy some real beer. :)
  • 02-22-2010
    scooter916
    Quote:

Originally Posted by NoBalance
    Let me know if you actually buy some real beer. :)

well if you want to contribute some cash than I can get you real beer but I'm buying beer for 500 out of my own pocket, so get what you get or at least let us know what your race number is so we don't waste the "crap beer" on you
  • 02-22-2010
    quicklaps
    Quote:

well if you want to contribute some cash than I can get you real beer but I'm buying beer for 500 out of my own pocket, so get what you get or at least let us know what your race number is so we don't waste the "crap beer" on you

I never met a beer I didn't like. Repeating for clarity, never.

Quote:

Let me know if you actually buy some real beer.
    i'll take mine and his beer this SO, thank you... PBR is man's beer... maybe you'd prefer some cheese with your whine?

A friend of PBR is a friend of mine.

Q
  • 02-26-2010
    Tyrone Shoelaces
    Quote:

the expert pro guys take this $hit to seriously.

No we don't! If you can get there on Friday I guarantee you I will relieve you of a Dixie PBR inbetween my laps. I am still a single speeder after all :cool:
  • 02-28-2010
    scooter916

+

+

+

= a great Sea Otter Classic 2010!!!!
  • 03-02-2010
    valleymtb'r
    o man i really hope i go, this may be the deciding factor!
  • 03-04-2010
    Alumni
    Training hard for my PBR trophy on the Sea Otter final climb!
  • 03-15-2010
    NoBalance
    Jeez ... take it easy.

Quote:

• 03-17-2010
    Johnnyboy
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyrone Shoelaces
    No we don't! If you can get there on Friday I guarantee you I will relieve you of a Dixie PBR inbetween my laps. I am still a single speeder after all :cool:

I'm pretty sure you will get DQ'ed from the SS class if you pass a beer hand up:p
  • 04-12-2010
    jrm
    Beer & Donuts "the twenty ten chapter"
    Be there or be square.
  • 04-12-2010
    quicklaps
    Racing SS Saturday am.... look for me, I will be the guy that looks like he could use a PBR the most.

Q
  • 04-13-2010
    scooter916
    Quote:

Originally Posted by jrm
    Be there or be square.

I will be there rain or shine.... preferably shine:thumbsup:
  • 04-17-2010
    DAS
    I heard the "do you want a donut?" call and answered with "do you have any cigarettes?" Next year it would be cool if you handed out smokes.

I saw the beer guy and didn't hear what he said. It didn't sound like "water" so thought maybe it was gatorade. I took a sip and realized it was beer. Blech. I thing spilled the beer all over my gloves so I smelled like beer the rest of the day. Nice.
  • 04-18-2010
    gotyme
    The beer and donuts helped me finish top 20ish in ss. Thanks!! I was out of water and needed a delicious shot of pbr.
  • 04-18-2010
    scooter916
    WOW that was a great time, we killed three 12 packs in a bout an hour or so.
    had a few people ask for bacon, pork chops and fried chicken, maybe the menu will be larger next year?

also whats with the potty mouths on the 18-25 year olds, Its been awhile since I have been told to fuk off for offering someone a beer or a donut
  • 04-18-2010
    Okie Dokie
    Scooter thanks for the Donut Hole and beer. I was the guy who responded "hell ya I want a donut and beer" on Sat.

Honestly was very refreshing and I passed 5 guys in the last little bit after it :)
  • 04-19-2010
    mellowyellowCJ7
    I wonder if I was one of the five? :D I had the donut, but I was so dry I couldn't swallow it. I should have taken the beer. :p Thanks guys you brought a smile to my face fo-sho.
  • 04-19-2010
    snowjnky
    Had a donut and 2 beers... thanks for cheering us on and supplying the goodies!!
  • 04-19-2010
    moah_04@yahoo.com
    The beer was tasty - long live PBR ! Thx Guys !
  • 04-19-2010
    quicklaps
    I'll have you know I did take a tasty gulp of PBR (no donut) and you gents inspired me. THANK YOU! I had a buddy en route pickup PBR and we handed out during the short track race. Actually had some takers from the Mafia racing team while the race was going on.... it was a PBR day.

Q
  • 04-20-2010
    mhoopes
    Beer on the left, donuts on the right!
    I went left. Thanks!

They said "you're done!"...and I kind of believed it, until I crested and saw the last hill.

It did help, though...
  • 04-25-2010
    Alumni
    Thanks guys! Scored myself a donut and PBR on what I THOUGHT was the final climb. That new finish was killer but I think the PBR was the kicker to shave 20 minutes off last years time.

Let me know how I can contribute $$ to next years PBR fund.
  • 04-25-2010
    scooter916
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Alumni
    Thanks guys! Scored myself a donut and PBR on what I THOUGHT was the final climb. That new finish was killer but I think the PBR was the kicker to shave 20 minutes off last years time.

Let me know how I can contribute $$ to next years PBR fund.

no need to contribute, but I think I have decided to race next year so I may not be handing them out. I will spend the next 10 month looking for suitable replacements if I shall decide to race. other wise we will put up signs at the base of the hill to divert the "serious" sport racers and the ones that like to have fun and drink some beer
  • 04-27-2010
    scooter916
    well for all you nay sayers we may have "locked down" Lockdown brewery out of Folsom Ca for a beer suplier next year, and who knows we may have bacon AND donuts
  • 05-10-2010
    scooter916
    2 Attachment(s)
    looks like I will need more than this next year:thumbsup:
  • 05-10-2010
    rydbyk
    I was the guy who said "are you f'n kidding me??" when you offered up beer and donuts.

Sorry.

I was completely sober and about to puke as it was...did not need warm beer and donuts to assist in the process....

I heard the poor guy right behind me gasp "beer me"...then silence...then "oh man..that was a terrible idea.."

I kept thinking "there is no way those donut and beer guys race because they clearly do not understand how craptastic we are all feeling right now.."

You are lucky you weren't closer. I would have cleated you in the nuts:)

It's all good.

Electrolyte/Carbo pro infused margaritas might be a good call for next year.
  • 05-10-2010
    J
    We were on the leopard painted tandem. Someone was between you and us. We fixed that right quick through an aggressive maneuver

Funny: the guy behind us goes..wai...this...THIS IS BEER, let out a whoop and went rocketing past us.

I took a sip and then dumped the rest on my head, I think. Like many of us, I was on another planet at that point.

God bless you sir.

PS me and Chris gonna rock the cold PBRs up at Downieville mtbr event yes sir we will
  • 05-10-2010
    scooter916
    Quote:

Originally Posted by rydbyk
    I was the guy who said "are you f'n kidding me??" when you offered up beer and donuts.

Sorry.

I was completely sober and about to puke as it was...did not need warm beer and donuts to assist in the process....

I heard the poor guy right behind me gasp "beer me"...then silence...then "oh man..that was a terrible idea.."

I kept thinking "there is no way those donut and beer guys race because they clearly do not understand how craptastic we are all feeling right now.."

You are lucky you weren't closer. I would have cleated you in the nuts:)

It's all good.

Electrolyte/Carbo pro infused margaritas might be a good call for next year.

But the beer stayed cool in my insulated bag, I do race and my buddy Ron that was helping raced expert SS the day before, he took a full beer on his lap.

I guess it all came down to the individual, Just wanted to cheer some people up on that last miserable climb out

margaritas would be cool but too hard to keep them consistent in the heat

Quote:

Originally Posted by j
    God bless you sir.

PS me and Chris gonna rock the cold PBRs up at Downieville mtbr event yes sir we will

your welcome!! I do remember running after you for the hand off.
    I'm not sure if we will be handing off donuts this year at DV or not, but feel free to carry on our tradition
  • 04-18-2011
    scooter916
    another successfull year, 48 beers and 4 dozen donut holes!! Thanks to all of you that didnt tell me to f$%k off
  • 04-18-2011
    JPapp
    You guys are awesome. I lost my water bottle at the very beginning - didn't even take a drink. Saw you guys and even slowed a bit to get some PBR. Felt like a million bucks going into the finish...

Thanks!
  • 04-18-2011
    Leopold Porkstacker
    Quote:

another successfull year, 48 beers and 4 dozen donut holes!! Thanks to all of you that didnt tell me to f$%k off

Aha, so that was YOU! This was my first Sea Otter Cat ride… I wasn’t sure if you were handing out cups of lysergic acid diethylamide 25 or what, so I passed. Now that I know, well, next year when my water bottle leaves my bike 5 miles in as it did this time, I will remember you, and your good will gesture! :thumbsup:
  • 04-18-2011
    rzims
    awesome job guys, I said no thanks only cuz i was hurtin, but I sure appreciated the morale boost you guys provided
  • 04-18-2011
    surlyjackalope
    When offered beer or donuts, I should have just said "Yes!" But because my brain was in a fog after that long, windy climb, survival mode took over, and I took the beer. Definitely the highlight of the race. Next year, please set up another station at the mid-way point.
  • 04-18-2011
    Leopold Porkstacker
    Yes, for sure, the mid point makes more sense than with only a few miles remaining.
  • 04-19-2011
    quicklaps
    Ahhhhh... my friends. I am lucky... I got there early and the beer was very cold and refreshing.. I'd say between the juniors and the SS's that finished in front of me I may have been your first customer. 3rd in SS. The PBR was so cold... Thank you guys, thank you.

Q
  • 04-19-2011
    scooter916
    Quote:

Originally Posted by quicklaps
    Ahhhhh... my friends. I am lucky... I got there early and the beer was very cold and refreshing.. I'd say between the juniors and the SS's that finished in front of me I may have been your first customer. 3rd in SS. The PBR was so cold... Thank you guys, thank you.

Q

it was on ice all day!!
  • 01-20-2013
    Tbraithwaite
    Xxx
  • 01-20-2013
    Leopold Porkstacker
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Tbraithwaite View Post
    Xxx

Just uh, bumping things up a bit, are we? :rolleyes: Furry Ocean-going Mammal is still a couple months away. :nono:
  • 01-22-2013
    girlonbike
    I don't blame the dude. I saw beer and donuts and got all excited too. :p