Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Beer and donuts

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by rydbyk
    I was the guy who said "are you f'n kidding me??" when you offered up beer and donuts.

Sorry.

I was completely sober and about to puke as it was...did not need warm beer and donuts to assist in the process....

I heard the poor guy right behind me gasp "beer me"...then silence...then "oh man..that was a terrible idea.."

I kept thinking "there is no way those donut and beer guys race because they clearly do not understand how craptastic we are all feeling right now.."

You are lucky you weren't closer. I would have cleated you in the nuts

It's all good.

Electrolyte/Carbo pro infused margaritas might be a good call for next year.
    But the beer stayed cool in my insulated bag, I do race and my buddy Ron that was helping raced expert SS the day before, he took a full beer on his lap.

I guess it all came down to the individual, Just wanted to cheer some people up on that last miserable climb out

margaritas would be cool but too hard to keep them consistent in the heat

Quote Originally Posted by j
    God bless you sir.

PS me and Chris gonna rock the cold PBRs up at Downieville mtbr event yes sir we will
    your welcome!! I do remember running after you for the hand off.
    I'm not sure if we will be handing off donuts this year at DV or not, but feel free to carry on our tradition
    Quote Originally Posted by thefuzzbl
    aluminium has a tendency to fail when you need it most. i.e. you end up with a bad day.

mtbr member
    another successfull year, 48 beers and 4 dozen donut holes!! Thanks to all of you that didnt tell me to f$%k off
    aluminium has a tendency to fail when you need it most. i.e. you end up with a bad day.

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    You guys are awesome. I lost my water bottle at the very beginning - didn't even take a drink. Saw you guys and even slowed a bit to get some PBR. Felt like a million bucks going into the finish...

Thanks!

NONDURO
    Quote Originally Posted by scooter916
    another successfull year, 48 beers and 4 dozen donut holes!! Thanks to all of you that didnt tell me to f$%k off
    Aha, so that was YOU! This was my first Sea Otter Cat ride… I wasn’t sure if you were handing out cups of lysergic acid diethylamide 25 or what, so I passed. Now that I know, well, next year when my water bottle leaves my bike 5 miles in as it did this time, I will remember you, and your good will gesture!
    QUOTE from MTBR.COM: You have given out too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.

mtbr member
    awesome job guys, I said no thanks only cuz i was hurtin, but I sure appreciated the morale boost you guys provided

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    When offered beer or donuts, I should have just said "Yes!" But because my brain was in a fog after that long, windy climb, survival mode took over, and I took the beer. Definitely the highlight of the race. Next year, please set up another station at the mid-way point.

NONDURO
    Yes, for sure, the mid point makes more sense than with only a few miles remaining.
    QUOTE from MTBR.COM: You have given out too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.

mtbr member
    Ahhhhh... my friends. I am lucky... I got there early and the beer was very cold and refreshing.. I'd say between the juniors and the SS's that finished in front of me I may have been your first customer. 3rd in SS. The PBR was so cold... Thank you guys, thank you.

Q

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by quicklaps
    Ahhhhh... my friends. I am lucky... I got there early and the beer was very cold and refreshing.. I'd say between the juniors and the SS's that finished in front of me I may have been your first customer. 3rd in SS. The PBR was so cold... Thank you guys, thank you.

Q

it was on ice all day!!

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Xxx
    Last edited by Tbraithwaite; 01-20-2013 at 04:07 PM. Reason: Pls delete wrong section

NONDURO
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbraithwaite View Post
    Xxx
    Just uh, bumping things up a bit, are we? Furry Ocean-going Mammal is still a couple months away.

gobsmacked Moderator
    Apr 2008
    I don't blame the dude. I saw beer and donuts and got all excited too.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3