Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Beer and donuts

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by scooter916
    well if you want to contribute some cash than I can get you real beer but I'm buying beer for 500 out of my own pocket, so get what you get or at least let us know what your race number is so we don't waste the "crap beer" on you
    I never met a beer I didn't like. Repeating for clarity, never.

Let me know if you actually buy some real beer.
    i'll take mine and his beer this SO, thank you... PBR is man's beer... maybe you'd prefer some cheese with your whine?

A friend of PBR is a friend of mine.

Q

more skier than biker
    Nov 2006
    the expert pro guys take this $hit to seriously.

No we don't! If you can get there on Friday I guarantee you I will relieve you of a Dixie PBR inbetween my laps. I am still a single speeder after all

mtbr member

+

+

+

= a great Sea Otter Classic 2010!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by thefuzzbl
    aluminium has a tendency to fail when you need it most. i.e. you end up with a bad day.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    o man i really hope i go, this may be the deciding factor!

mtbr member
    Training hard for my PBR trophy on the Sea Otter final climb!

Lusus Naturae
    Jeez ... take it easy.

well if you want to contribute some cash than I can get you real beer but I'm buying beer for 500 out of my own pocket, so get what you get or at least let us know what your race number is so we don't waste the "crap beer" on you

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrone Shoelaces
    No we don't! If you can get there on Friday I guarantee you I will relieve you of a Dixie PBR inbetween my laps. I am still a single speeder after all

I'm pretty sure you will get DQ'ed from the SS class if you pass a beer hand up

jrm
    mtbr member

Beer & Donuts "the twenty ten chapter"

Be there or be square.

mtbr member
    Racing SS Saturday am.... look for me, I will be the guy that looks like he could use a PBR the most.

Q

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jrm
    Be there or be square.
    I will be there rain or shine.... preferably shine
    aluminium has a tendency to fail when you need it most. i.e. you end up with a bad day.

DAS
    mtbr member
    I heard the "do you want a donut?" call and answered with "do you have any cigarettes?" Next year it would be cool if you handed out smokes.

I saw the beer guy and didn't hear what he said. It didn't sound like "water" so thought maybe it was gatorade. I took a sip and realized it was beer. Blech. I thing spilled the beer all over my gloves so I smelled like beer the rest of the day. Nice.

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    The beer and donuts helped me finish top 20ish in ss. Thanks!! I was out of water and needed a delicious shot of pbr.

mtbr member
    WOW that was a great time, we killed three 12 packs in a bout an hour or so.
    had a few people ask for bacon, pork chops and fried chicken, maybe the menu will be larger next year?

also whats with the potty mouths on the 18-25 year olds, Its been awhile since I have been told to fuk off for offering someone a beer or a donut

mtbr member
    Scooter thanks for the Donut Hole and beer. I was the guy who responded "hell ya I want a donut and beer" on Sat.

Honestly was very refreshing and I passed 5 guys in the last little bit after it
    Originally Posted by XC62701
    Agreed...make it longer. I want to know death is an option

mtbr member
    I wonder if I was one of the five? I had the donut, but I was so dry I couldn't swallow it. I should have taken the beer. Thanks guys you brought a smile to my face fo-sho.

Snowjnky McDreamy
    Had a donut and 2 beers... thanks for cheering us on and supplying the goodies!!
    Brother Seamus?
    Like an Irish monk?
    Comic relief in a discussion does no harm..
    CS Lewis
    Quadzilla

AsianSS
    Apr 2010
    The beer was tasty - long live PBR ! Thx Guys !
    "Ycycle? Why Not !!" ~.org

mtbr member
    I'll have you know I did take a tasty gulp of PBR (no donut) and you gents inspired me. THANK YOU! I had a buddy en route pickup PBR and we handed out during the short track race. Actually had some takers from the Mafia racing team while the race was going on.... it was a PBR day.

Q

mtbr member
    May 2007

Beer on the left, donuts on the right!

I went left. Thanks!

They said "you're done!"...and I kind of believed it, until I crested and saw the last hill.

It did help, though...

mtbr member
    Thanks guys! Scored myself a donut and PBR on what I THOUGHT was the final climb. That new finish was killer but I think the PBR was the kicker to shave 20 minutes off last years time.

Let me know how I can contribute $$ to next years PBR fund.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Alumni
    Thanks guys! Scored myself a donut and PBR on what I THOUGHT was the final climb. That new finish was killer but I think the PBR was the kicker to shave 20 minutes off last years time.

Let me know how I can contribute $$ to next years PBR fund.

no need to contribute, but I think I have decided to race next year so I may not be handing them out. I will spend the next 10 month looking for suitable replacements if I shall decide to race. other wise we will put up signs at the base of the hill to divert the "serious" sport racers and the ones that like to have fun and drink some beer

mtbr member
    well for all you nay sayers we may have "locked down" Lockdown brewery out of Folsom Ca for a beer suplier next year, and who knows we may have bacon AND donuts

mtbr member
    looks like I will need more than this next year
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Beer and donuts-pbr2.jpg  

Attached Images Attached Images  

mnoutain bkie rdier
    I was the guy who said "are you f'n kidding me??" when you offered up beer and donuts.

Sorry.

I was completely sober and about to puke as it was...did not need warm beer and donuts to assist in the process....

I heard the poor guy right behind me gasp "beer me"...then silence...then "oh man..that was a terrible idea.."

I kept thinking "there is no way those donut and beer guys race because they clearly do not understand how craptastic we are all feeling right now.."

You are lucky you weren't closer. I would have cleated you in the nuts

It's all good.

Electrolyte/Carbo pro infused margaritas might be a good call for next year.
    Last edited by rydbyk; 05-10-2010 at 10:40 PM.

J
    ROOOOOOOO
    We were on the leopard painted tandem. Someone was between you and us. We fixed that right quick through an aggressive maneuver

Funny: the guy behind us goes..wai...this...THIS IS BEER, let out a whoop and went rocketing past us.

I took a sip and then dumped the rest on my head, I think. Like many of us, I was on another planet at that point.

God bless you sir.

PS me and Chris gonna rock the cold PBRs up at Downieville mtbr event yes sir we will

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast