PRETENDURO

2012 registration is open

If you’re an EARLYBIRD, get registered NOW:

Sea Otter Classic - April 19-22, 2012

See you in April!
    QUOTE from MTBR.COM: You have given Brewtality too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    $10 off until midnight (PST), December 31, 2011. Thanks for sharing

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    No Super D again this year?

Airborne Flight Crew
    Quote Originally Posted by pinnacle10 View Post
    The DH course is pretty much Super D anyhow...
    Airborne Flight Crew

Jerry Hazard – website

ask
    user
    Looks like Cat 2/3 and SS XC races are all on Sunday again... weak sauce. I'd much rather race on Friday or Saturday and party the rest of the weekend.

Porkstacker - what are you racing this year? I am thinking about going SS.

PRETENDURO
    Quote Originally Posted by ask View Post
    Looks like Cat 2/3 and SS XC races are all on Sunday again... weak sauce. I'd much rather race on Friday or Saturday and party the rest of the weekend.

Porkstacker - what are you racing this year? I am thinking about going SS.
    Cat 2 cross-country. The thought of SS did cross my mind, but the question of what gear ratio to run keeps looming about.

I am thinking since the course isn’t terribly technical, and since there’s that sandy downhill section which skinny tires sink into, that I’ll be riding my fully-geared (well, 32/22 x 11-34) fat bike, just for giggles.

I wonder if the same sandbagger in the men’s 40-42 XC who won in 2011 (who has many Cat 1 XC wins to his name, if you Google him ) will be there again in 2012.
    QUOTE from MTBR.COM: You have given Brewtality too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by pinnacle10 View Post
    BLM is still working on the bridge that the Super D course crosses, so that means the bridge is closed to bicycle/pedestrian traffic. We hope to have it back on the schedule for 2013.

more skier than biker
    Nov 2006
    Interesting...i notice that the old Pro/Cat1 Single Speed XC category is now just Cat1.

Sebt frm my iPhne usig Tapaak

mtbr member
    Looking forward to this race. It will be my first one, should be interesting. any tips? (besides don't crash?)
    To love me is to rep me, world domination is eminent/imminent/immanent.

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Alright guys kneed some help figuring out the classes, this will be my first ever mtb race, I'm looking to do the DS and DH, I live in seaside only a few ,lies from the track and just recently got into mtb's, I've ridden and raced dirt bikes though which has blessed me with mtb skills fairly well.

Whatbi can't seem to figure out though is how the classes work. I'll be 32 next august and I figure since I've never raced a mtb before I'm a beginner right?

With the DS it appears there is practice, qualifying, and finals, can anyone break it down a bit more clearly how the qualifying and finals go? I have no understanding of how it works at all.

DH Sam thing, it looks like there is three days of riding how does each one effect the results?

PRETENDURO
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrone Shoelaces View Post
    Interesting...i notice that the old Pro/Cat1 Single Speed XC category is now just Cat1.

Sebt frm my iPhne usig Tapaak
    As if that is a challenge for YOU?!?!? Dude, you’ll smoke ’em all on your singlespeed.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtBikeRider View Post
    Alright guys kneed some help figuring out the classes, this will be my first ever mtb race, I'm looking to do the DS and DH, I live in seaside only a few ,lies from the track and just recently got into mtb's, I've ridden and raced dirt bikes though which has blessed me with mtb skills fairly well.

Whatbi can't seem to figure out though is how the classes work. I'll be 32 next august and I figure since I've never raced a mtb before I'm a beginner right?

With the DS it appears there is practice, qualifying, and finals, can anyone break it down a bit more clearly how the qualifying and finals go? I have no understanding of how it works at all.

DH Sam thing, it looks like there is three days of riding how does each one effect the results?

I'd say sign up for Class 3 (beginner) since you have never raced before. If there is someone you know who has raced before you can look at previous years results on seaotterclassic website to get an idea of how you'd do.

For dual slalom you'll do practice on thursday morning and then on friday afternoon you will do a timed qualifying run on each side of the course and the times are added together. I think everyone qualifies to race for class 3 and class 2 but I am not 100% sure. They will post the qualifying times later on that day where you can see who the first person you race will be. Sunday morning you will do the actual race. You will race once on the blue course and then come back up the hill and race the same person but change to the red course or vice versa. If your combined time from both runs are faster than the other guy you advance to the next round and do the same thing over until someone beats you or you win.

For downhill you will do non-timed practice on thursday and friday and then on saturday you will do the race which is one timed run. Your start time will be posted on a board. It will have a time of say 2:56 which means you will be approximately racing two hours and 56 minutes after the first person starts. It may be longer depending on if they have to stop racing for crashes or computer problems.

I think a full face helmet is required but not 100% sure. If you sign up before Dec 31 you can save 10 bucks with the earlybird code.

PRETENDURO
    Oh, and speaking of full-face helmets, Chainlove has been pimping those six-six-one carbon full-face helmets for just a tad over $100.00. Might want to check it out.

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    LP, you think I could handle the XC beginner race?

PRETENDURO
    Quote Originally Posted by motorbacon View Post
    LP, you think I could handle the XC beginner race?
    You are a pretty strong rider, I think you’d do great. Might wanna do something about those handlebars though.

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Definitely looking to do downhill this coming up year! Training for it everyday ! Can't wait .

mtbr member
    Coupon Code is still working FYI.

Registered for CC on Sunday, if anyone has an extra spot for a tent, let me know, $280 for one night seemed outrageos, so we'll either drive down, or hit up someone's space, we'll bring some beer...