Thread: 2011 schedule

mtbr member
    Apr 2007

2011 schedule

anyone seen the 2011 XC schedule yet? the cat 2, 3, jrs, etc. races are on sunday. i'm a little bummed about that.

mtbr member
    Mar 2008

No Super-D

Why did they drop Super-D from the schedule? I always did that event just to get an extra festival wrist band. I only did decent the first year though.
    Ride Fast Take Chances

mtbr member
    I noticed there's no Cat 3 SS either? There's no way I'm man enough to step up to Cat 2....

Cannonball!
    Quote Originally Posted by rob52367
    Why did they drop Super-D from the schedule? I always did that event just to get an extra festival wrist band. I only did decent the first year though.
    Probably because the course sucked, although I was planning on racing it again. I wanted redemption from my big spill last year. I am kind of bummed that they moved the cat 2 xc to Sunday, I liked it on Saturday. I might have tried to hurt myself on DS if the races weren't at the same time as the XC.

bog
    mtbr member
    And they shortened up the Cat 3 XC races to 14 miles. Why would anyone want to pay that much money to race 14 mi?
    SC Tallboy C : Spec Enduro 29 : Giant Propel Adv SL DA9000

Cannonball!
    14 miles yet they say its lengthened! I thought it was 19 miles last year for cat 3 and 20 miles for cat 2? Can you imagine the hoard of people, with both cat 2 and cat 3 on the lines? Can you say chaos? Maybe SeaOtter has jumped the shark!

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    The Super D course did suck, but I found it surprisingly fun for a fireroad. You just have to accept it and try to enjoy it. They seemed to get a decent number of entries for it and from start to finish the whole event only takes a couple of hours to run all classes. Last year there was a crash that needed lots of medical attention. Maybe that made them realize it wasn't worth it?

Cannonball!
    Quote Originally Posted by pinnacle10
    The Super D course did suck, but I found it surprisingly fun for a fireroad. You just have to accept it and try to enjoy it. They seemed to get a decent number of entries for it and from start to finish the whole event only takes a couple of hours to run all classes. Last year there was a crash that needed lots of medical attention. Maybe that made them realize it wasn't worth it?
    Yeah I was involved in that crash, I ended up with a broken pinky, bruised ribs, and damaged bike. I may have made out better than the other guy, he was still receiving medical attention when I got myself together enough to get off the course. I never did hear if he was seriously hurt and I am curious how he made out. The promoters could have made that event exponentially safer by reducing the size of the fields. You are right though, it was kind of fun for a fireroad, and I probably would have entered this year.

Cannonball!
    Post! Post!

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    huh? 14 miles for Cat 3?? It was definitely 19 miles last year...what a bummer! Maybe a major type...I can only hope!

mtbr member
    i raced the SO when XC cat 2/3 SS was combined... 120+ dudes and it was total chaos at the start... and now that they moved cat 2 to Sunday.... I might race cat 1 Sea Otter... am I a moron..??

ask
    user
    Aug 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by quicklaps
    i raced the SO when XC cat 2/3 SS was combined... 120+ dudes and it was total chaos at the start... and now that they moved cat 2 to Sunday.... I might race cat 1 Sea Otter... am I a moron..??
    I am thinking the same thing... I don't really plan on winning Cat 2, just out to have fun and test myself. It would be nice to race on Friday and get to party the rest of the weekend.
    Last edited by ask; 12-14-2010 at 11:09 AM.

mtbr member
    What's with pro short track being on Friday, before the XC on Sat. That stinks. Sunday looks open for ST to me. Oh well.
    Thank you Lord for strength, endurance, and salvation.

Race Reports & Updates
    Team Santa Cruz / Fox Facebook Page

mtbr member
    Well, my friend and I are going to tackle the CAT 2/3 XC race. It will be our first SOC. We'll be in the back racing for DFL!

Too bad there isn't a Super D course this year, but it doesn't seem the previous one was all that exciting.