mtbr member
    Jun 2008

2010 clyde classes at SOC

Hey all, so I'm taking the leap and signing up for the xc race this year. Looking at Sea Otter's website I was wondering what class I should sign up for, I'm guessing cat 3 (25-29) but I'm not entirely sure. I'm 5'11" 220lbs, and have never raced before. I've run a few long distance events but never raced on a bike. I'm not even sure I've trained hard enough to race, I just know that I want to try and find out. Just looking for some pointers on what to expect and wondering if there is a beginner clyde class. Is there a difference between cat 3 and clyde? Other than the fat thing. I'm really excited and can't wait to give it a go.

Thanks,
    David B

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    no one has info on this???

Salinas Steve

Cat 3 clyde

There is a cat 3 clydsdalle class. I have raced in this class before, and I have raced in my age group (45-49) cat3. The finnish times on the long coarse for both of these catagories seamed to be about the same. You being younger I would race with the clydes.
    I remember my first race, I was really slow, but I had fun. Go for it.
    Climbing aint easy
    when your fat and greasy

mtbr member
    race in the clydesdale class. use your weight to your advantage. if you race in your age group there is always someone in the class that is half your weight. i will be in the cat 2 clydesdale and i am 260