Thread: 2009 Signage

mtbr member
    Dec 2007

2009 Signage

Just want to applaud the improvement of directions from last year to this year. Checked out the course yesterday. Everything is clearly marked and looked like there will be fencing to direct people in would-be confusing intersections.

fool goin up, joker down
    Jan 2009
    C'mon really? Is this a thread?
    Not to be the thread Nazi or anything but lets make em a little more useful than this.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    It was. People worrying about where to go would detract from the ability to do as well as they could. Also, last year, people were saying that they were against competing this year BECAUSE of the lack of directions. With me telling others that it is correctly signed, it MAY cause more people to compete, which would provide some people with an experience they may have not had.

If you want something more "useful" from my ride, here you go: I am 265 lbs, just getting over bronchitis, and went through 5700 calories according to my HRM. I was out for 4 hours with checking my map, soaking in the views, and gasping for breath every so often. Actual riding time was 2H 25M. Every trail that I would do for fun is backwards. I encountered many people coming downhill when I was climbing. I used my 22T chainring more than any other. There were corners that I did not expect to be as tight while the sand was loose. The long downhill at the beginning has a hump that may suprise some people since it looks like a gentle up hill with the speed you're carrying. Some hills that you think will have a flat or downhill will have more climbing after you get to see more of the trail. I don't know what you're looking for, but the thread is relevent and informative. It's not like I said a one word, or even one sentence statement that had no reason for being stated.

fool goin up, joker down
    Jan 2009
    talk about redundant

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    If you may, please clarify the redundancy. Obviously you were looking for something that I did not include, and I had asked what you wanted to know. Seeing from your comment about being redundant, you were either unable to decipher what I wrote, or chose not to read what I wrote. I hope it was the latter. So instead of providing a simple piece of information, I provided a semi-ride report.

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    Thanks big fella.. I had some anxiety as i will be unable to pre ride the course and heard...read...nightmares of last years wrong way woes. I am glad for the fencing and clear directions. Don't worry, the other forum posting a-hole just karma'd himself into a flat tire...lol

mtbr member
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by revolution292004
    Thanks big fella.. I had some anxiety as i will be unable to pre ride the course and heard...read...nightmares of last years wrong way woes. I am glad for the fencing and clear directions. Don't worry, the other forum posting a-hole just karma'd himself into a flat tire...lol
    agreed. Good luck with that monkey on your back.

(Ali)
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by freaknunu
    talk about redundant
    You need to ride more buddy... :/

Ali

Lusus Naturae
    Folks still need to pay attention. The new re-route may take some by surprise, and when we were pre-riding on Saturday, somebody had missed a left-turn sign while going too quickly down a fireroad. Its easy to get distracted and stupid when racing.

I still think SOC should put up some ribbons in certain areas so as to ensure a less frustrating race. Always keep your eyes peeled for those little race signs, specially on the "backside" of the course.

(Mtbr Site Manager) Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by pisket
    You need to ride more buddy... :/

Ali
    Seriously.

Thanks for posting this Bigfekk....I'm sure that people will still have to pay attention come race day, but it's nice to hear scouting reports such as these (signage, trail conditions, etc...)

-g
    Like us on Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/Mtbrcom

Follow us on Twitter - twitter.com/Mtbr

Mtbr YouTube Channel

mtbr member
    Thanks for the report, loose turns equal me bailing

Is it blowing out there? I am on my way, no pre-ride so any info is good info!