bike rider

Why So Few Genius LTs?

I've had my 2011 Genius LTc for a year and a half now. I go to a lot of enduro races and ride all over Colorado and Moab. In all that time I've seen one 2011 aluminum LT and 2 carbon LTs, one 2011 and one 2012. I'm curious why this bike is so rare. It doesn't even seem to show up on the radar of people shopping for this genre (Mojo HD, Nomadc, ect). Did anyone here look at one and choose something else? I love mine so I'm curious what people are seeing and not liking about them.
    Keep the Country country.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    I think it is more a matter of market perception. I think Scott, in the U.S.A, is seen as a race influenced brand. Lots of Scales and Sparks out there. If you look at Ibis and Santa Cruz, I think they are seen as more AM/Freeride companies. We sell Scott at the shop I work at, which to be fair is nowhere near where you live, and have sold 2 Genius LT's (we had a floor demo, and then ordered the second). Both to the same guy, and with the intent of taking them back to Switzerland where he lives.

Genius
    Scott USA marketing does not focus on promoting the Genius. LT or regular. I got mine by accident. I was really looking for a Yeti 575, Cannondale Jeckyl or claymores. I found the Genius just sitting on display next to the Yeti. No other shop had one. This shop only got 2 for the year and the manager bought the other. The other Scott dealer in my area didn't get any at all. As far as I know, I have only one of two in the state of New Mexico. I have never seen another, of any year. After the test ride I knew I had to have it. Rides like nothing else in the rough stuff, climbing or descending.

Coming up on two years and I still love this bike. I did replace the Talas with a Lefty tho. The Talas was ok but flexed more than I liked. I gave it a six month run but I knew this bike needed a Lefty. When the going gets rough, this is the bike I choose.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Why So Few Genius LTs?-1.1.jpg  

Last edited by De La Pena; 09-20-2012 at 09:32 AM.
    "I think im gonna go to walmart and look at the mountain bikes and see if i can salvage the rear frame."- Nick_Knipp 3/21/12

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    My LBS only orders 1 Genius per year. Here in FL, no one is looking for that price point according to them. With a close out of '12s the deal was too good for me to pass up.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    i would have bought one if they made the frame in xl