Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Apr 2009

Update on Spark 29er Carbon's

Just I give you guys an update on whats going on with the Spark 29er RC, Pro, Expert pretty much all the carbon sparks will be delayed until Feb/March.

My Scott reps have told me there was an issue with the carbon molds that everything was redone, so production was pushed back a lot further.

addicted
    is it just on 29ers?

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    deleted
    Last edited by rgkicksbutt; 12-07-2011 at 06:09 AM.

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    must be only us? if rgkicksbutt got a 29 RC in canada that must mean my Pro version must be coming in soon.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    This is what I was told by my local rep, and rep in Scott headquarter.

I'm gonna have a long talk with them. We have like 30 Spark 29er on order.

mtbr member
    Heard the same from my local bike dealer.

mtbr member
    I actually tried to order an RC a couple of weeks ago from a shop in MI. the owner was told by the inside rep that they were all sold out for the year. I guess this is better news.

I was also told that they did have frames available. I was kind of throwing around the idea of just getting a frame. Sort of makes me a little nervous about what the difference could be.

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    I was just informed by a shop owner who is supposed to be helping me out for next season that the Spark 29er PRO is all sold out!?!?!?!?

This seems like either a bunch of BS, or some extremely poor production management on Scott's part. Can anyone throw me a freakin bone here? Are frames available?

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Unfortunately oshaden I would love to help you out. I've been told so many things from my Scott rep/account managers that I don't know what to believe or expect.

I was told a few days ago that Scott is air lifting Sparks right now to make a lot of dealers happy. Eta is supposed to be around Christmas for the preseason orders. Regular orders will be pushed to March and on. In that sense the 2013 lineup will be arriving soon.

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    It turns out that the official word (in Canada) is that there are no more Spark 29er Pro bikes available for order, and the distributor does not expect any more to come in, ever. The Expert and RC are still available for order. There are some PRO frames available. The pre-ordered PRO bikes are supposed to be delivered to shops in February, but after calling around these will be few and far between.

Looks like I'll be pricing out the Expert model as the RC is way out of my price range. Oh well, still a sweet bike!

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    basically saying... if i ordered one right after the dealer got its order form (around interbike time) i will still get mine? Hopefully before summer....

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Yes, all preseason orders will be filled first.

mtbr member
    So, if i wanted to order a RC now, would they or wouldn't they ever be available?

mtbr member
    May 2006
    WWWOOOOOOWWWWW do I feell lucky I got my Pro 2 weeks ago when they had 7 available. )

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by packfill View Post
    So, if i wanted to order a RC now, would they or wouldn't they ever be available?
    Probably not. This is ofcourse if your dealer has them spoken for other customers.

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    We're talking about the Spark PRO. I believe there are still lots of Scale PROs available.

mtbr member
    Jesus and it's not even 2012 yet. Didn't they have a huge problem with the availability of carbon 29ers last year? It's safe to say that we don't have to worry about the powers the be at Scott taking over the world.

Thanks for the help.

mtbr member
    yup, sounds like a repeat of last year...
    35,000+Bicycle Parts at BikePartsExpress.com, largest selection of Bike Parts on the web.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Spark 29er Carbons have started to hit the dealer stores. RC will be last to hit, but the Expert and Pro are ready.

mtbr member
    Think I'm going to throw in the towel on the Spark and get a Cannondale Scalpel 29 Carbon 1. Hope the Scott people realize that they're losing sales. I wish there was one of those emoticons like the thumbs up guy, but with a middle finger.

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    Yep,

I wonder if Kabush knows that he's actually advertising a product that's virtually unavailable to North Americans. He probably doesn't mind though, as he'll be able to take four bikes to every race.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    They really aren't losing anything. Pretty much all the Spark's were getting are all accounted for.

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    pictures?

mtbr member
    I wonder if the "issue with the carbon molds that required everything to be redone" means that they had to add some frame material and added weight. I would really like to see a real life frame weight posted.
    35,000+Bicycle Parts at BikePartsExpress.com, largest selection of Bike Parts on the web.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by bubblesgb View Post
    pictures?

Apparently christmas has delayed our shipment, we were supposed to get 40 sparks today.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast