Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Twinloc System Fork Compatibility

18K views 17 replies 6 participants last post by  WRXJIM 
#1 ·
Hello guys,
I bought a Spark 900 RC Frame, and now i need to choose the suspension fork to buy. But one guy from a custommer support told me that the Twinlock System is only going to work in 3 modes with the OEM Scott RockShox fork. My question is, isnt there any fork in the market that i can buy and install in my bike that is going to work normally with the Twinloc System ? I was considering the "Rockshox Sid RCT3 100 29 Fork 2013 Tapered 15mm Black". Anyone here can help me out with this ? Is this Rockshox RCT3 fork going to work normally with the 3 modes Twinloc System ?
Thanks !

#2 ·
The RCT3 will not work with the remote since it doesn't offer remote actuation of the mode lever. Unfortunate because I fell it rides better than the XX damper or the Scott DNA 3 lever.

My frame (frame only) came with a kit with three different cams that screw into the twinlock lever:

-Fox/DT Swiss
-Rock Shox DNA 3 (factory installed)
-Rock Shox for standard remote lockout/compression adjustment.

I really disliked the middle fork position on the Sparks I test rode, it was too stiff, and bob really was a non issue when fully open. Because of this, I got a SID WC with the XX damper and mounted the hydraulic remote lockout on the right side of my bar with a standard Scott Traclock lever on the left.

In retrospect, I wish I had gone with the RCT3 damper in the fork because I rarely see benefit to locking out the fork. Only for full on sprints.

If I really wanted to utilize the Twinloc feature, I would run a Fox CTD.

#3 ·
Rockshox or Fox

Hi brentos,
Thank you very much for the explanation, just to see if i got it.
If i buy this: Rockshox Sid RCT3 100 29 Fork 2013
( jensonusa.com/Rockshox-Sid-RCT3-100-29-Fork-2013 )
I Will only be able to use 2 modes lock with the Twinlock Kit that came with the frame. Fully Locked or Fully Released. Right ?

And if i buy this fork: Fox 32 F29 Float 100 CTD ADJ Fit Fork 2013
( jensonusa.com/Bicycle-Suspension-Forks/Fox-32-F29-Float-100-CTD-ADJ-Fit-Fork-2013 )
I will be able to use 3 modes lock from the Scott Twinloc System that came with the frame ?

Thei weight is almost the same, if its your choice, witch one would you choose ?
Thank you very much, you helped me a lot !

#4 ·
The RCT3 is not compatible with the Twinloc remote, or any other remote. You will have to reach to the fork crown to adjust between the three settings.

I would choose the Fox if I wanted to control my fork with the TwinLoc Lever, and I would choose the Rockshox RCT3 if I preferred to just leave the fork in one setting.

Hope this helps.

#5 · (Edited)
Thank you very much brentos, you helped me a lot !
One last question, do you know if both of this options are compatible with the Twinloc Scott System ?

Option 1 - Fox 32 F29 Float 100 CTD ADJ Fit Fork 2013
( jensonusa.com/Fox-32-F29-Float-100-CTD-ADJ-Fit-Fork-2013 )

Option 2 - Fox 32 F29 100 CTD Fit Remote Fork 2013
( jensonusa.com/Fox-32-F29-100-CTD-Fit-Remote-Fork-2013 )

The first one says ADJ Fit, and in specs says Adjustable Trail Mode. And the second one comes with the Fox Lock System.
Do you know if both of them are installable into the Spark 900 RC Frame ?

Thanks !

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.