Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Twinloc

7K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  Lelandjt 
#1 ·
Anyone had a chance to use one yet?

I was wondering what the travel settings were like. Are they 100/70/0 like the Tracloc settings for the rear shock? Are they the same for both fork and shock?

#2 ·
I suppose you are wondering this for the Spark, but on the Genius the following scheme is used:

most forward position: lockout front/lockout reat
middle position: rear 95 mm, front full
most backward position: full rear, full front

So front is only locked (most forward) or not. rear shock is (if supported by brand) in three steps.

#7 ·
From the manual:

Therefore Scott offers 3 different TWINLOC
levers with following fork/rear shock
combinations:

- Equalizer 2 with adapters for SRAM/Rock-
Shox fork and FOX fork/DT Swiss fork (Scott
Article number: 216350)
- Nude TC with adapters for SRAM/RockShox
fork and FOX fork/DT Swiss fork
(Scott! Article number: 216351)
- DT M210 with adapters for SRAM/RockShox
fork and FOX fork/DT Swiss fork
(Scott Article number: 216352)

Please note that the DT Swiss M210 rear shock
does not offer a traction mode, but only loek-out
and full-mode.

I think only a full lock is supported at the front fork

#8 ·
Hello i thought i'd add my experience with the Twinloc - broken twice.

Specs:
2010 Scott Spark 50
Riding: aggressive / advanced cross country in florida. Downhill mix in CA (just moved here!)
I weight 160lbs, wet and with a camelpack.

I've broken the tab for the front shock twice, and that's because i've ridden with it broken for many many months. They've lasted me about 2mo and i barely used the lockouts.

Just in case, this is the red anodized piece for the rocks shock. The tab where the top/master lever engages on it is this tiny thin piece of aluminum. It always breaks. Since this master arm operates the rear shock, thatone always works and i do find the rear lockout very useful in climbs.

First and Second time replacement under warranty they sent me just the Red Piece for the front lockout. Last time they sent me the whole assembly. I'll install it today and will report a few months down the road and see if it breaks or what. Oh, Scott dealer installed first replacement under warranty (bike was only 2mo old then!) Second time, i did. Third time, i need a cable redone so back to the shop, hope they'll cover the labor too -.-

Luis

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.