mtbr member
    Feb 2014

Syncros xr 1.5 , good wheels ?

hello,

is someone can give me these opinions on these wheels ?

maybe someone knows witch dt swiss hub model is on these wheels ?

mtbr member
    I'm not sure if the hubs match any specific DT model, but they do have the star ratchet freehub mech. Couple buddies have the Spark 710 with those wheels and they are holding up ok.

mtbr member
    Feb 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by ktm520 View Post
    I'm not sure if the hubs match any specific DT model, but they do have the star ratchet freehub mech. Couple buddies have the Spark 710 with those wheels and they are holding up ok.
    i have check the spark 710 and it is not te xr 1.5 but the 2.0. the xr 1.5 is by default on spark 900 prenium

for the hub i search the model because i want tu put a xx1 cassette but it is not compatible so i have to found an other compatible with sram xx1 and for the moment i don't find

mtbr member

Re: Syncros xr 1.5 , good wheels ?

My bad. I would assume a DT xx1 freehub body will work. The 700tuned comes stock with xx1 drive train and same hub.

mtbr member
    For tubeless, I hate them... The tubeless system DT Swiss has is pathetic... That red rubber band never stays in place... And my worst mountain biking injury occured when a tire burped on these rims going around a curve...
    fat old man ... fueled by Mexican pastries....

mtbr member

Syncros xr 1.5 , good wheels ?

Not bad wheels. Setting them up tubeless sucked. They are a ratchet design. Go get some yellow tape and seal the wheel that way.

Erik

mtbr member
    That red rubber band is probably not meant to be a tubeless rim strip. The rims that came on my 720 setup tubeless no problem . . . after I taped them. The bead shelf has a nice rib that keeps the tire bead seated well without air. I would imagine the 1.5's are similar as they are both made by Alex per Syncros specifications.

I don't huck.
    Jun 2005
    Hmmm…two different 2014 Scotts, one Spark and one Genius. Both DT Swiss made rims (according to the decal) were taped, no rim strips. Set up tubeless with the stock Schwalbe tires dead easy and ran great tubeless so far. Maybe the wheels are different for '14.
    Blog Ramblings
    West Coast writer for twentynineinches.com

mtbr member
    thats strange... I tried running tubeless without the red rubber band.. Just using stans tape and I could not get any tire to seat... I tried a tubeless Specialized tire.... This was the XR1.5 rims...

I'll stick with my stans arch rims...

btw I have a rear XR1.5 29er for sale if anyone is interseted.
    fat old man ... fueled by Mexican pastries....

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    Hi, I just bought a 2014 Scott Spark 710. Trying to figure out who makes the rims and what model (guessing it's a DT Swiss M1700) and and what the hub is from DT Swiss (350 / 240s)?

I don't huck.
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by shaneCCMTB View Post
    Hi, I just bought a 2014 Scott Spark 710. Trying to figure out who makes the rims and what model (guessing it's a DT Swiss M1700) and and what the hub is from DT Swiss (350 / 240s)?
    The hubs on the Spark 910 and the Genius 910 are what DT Swiss calls a "360" hub. New and OE only. Pawls, not Star Ratchet. Not sure on the rims, but they do go tubeless dead easy.
    Blog Ramblings

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mtroy View Post
    The hubs on the Spark 910 and the Genius 910 are what DT Swiss calls a "360" hub. New and OE only. Pawls, not Star Ratchet. Not sure on the rims, but they do go tubeless dead easy.
    Huh, I was told by the regional rep that they are star ratchet. The bikes I've ridden sound and feel like the 18t star.

I don't huck.
    Jun 2005
    pic of free hub on 2014 Genius 910…I assume the Spark is the same but I don't have that in front of me now. Note that the aftermarket Syncros wheels do say they are Star Ratchet on the website.Syncros xr 1.5 , good wheels ?-img_1712.jpg
    Blog Ramblings

mtbr member
    Interesting. Thanks mtroy. I had to settle for a 720 because the 710's weren't available. The wheels where a big part of wanting the 10. Not so worried about it now. Weight aside, the slx hubs have better engagement. Will probably just end up lacing a set of Blunts to the slx hubs.