Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Sparks...lets see em

162K views 466 replies 189 participants last post by  Dn_KiKe 
#1 ·
I know there are several guys on MTBR that have Sparks, so lets start a little gallery for our new forum. I'll start...
Bicycle tire Bicycle frame Tire Wheel Bicycle wheel

Bicycle tire Bicycle frame Bicycle wheel rim Bicycle fork Bicycle wheel

Bicycle wheel rim Bicycle tire Yellow Spoke Bicycle accessory

Tire Bicycle tire Wheel Bicycle wheel Bicycle frame

More work planned when time/money is available. on the list are new front and rear derailleurs, 4 ti pedals, maybe a 08 sid if they offer and real advantages over the Reba. Plus I'm dying to try an rp23 on here. Anyone else do the conversion? Don't know what its gonna take to pull it off, probably some custom made spacers. Overall I'm very happy with the bike, it feels really solid.

See less See more
#357 ·
Thanks for that Wolf_Racer! Agree the Scotts are well priced, and I really like the Sram drivetrain with XTR brakes! Although, I almost bought the premium to try the new XTR 11spd, as I loved the 10spd xtr. Can't wait to race mine!
One thing I didn't like about the brain, was the small bump compliance wasn't great with the brain set up the way I liked it. Also, when I hit any drops, even small ones, it bottomed out. Especially the fork. (SID brain also)

#359 ·
brand new Spark 740!

Greetings fellow Scott and Spark riders! I'm a newbie here but been riding for years and recently got back in the game after a 5 year hiatus.

Just thought I dropped by to show ya'll my new ride! Traded up from a 2005 Scale. Isn't she a beaut? :blush:

2015 Scott Spark 740
Bicycle tire Bicycle frame Bicycle wheel rim Bicycle fork Bicycle wheel
Bicycle wheel Bicycle tire Tire Wheel Bicycle frame

any suggestions on future upgrades? how bout a name for the pretty lady eh?

#362 ·
my Sparky 730 2014

Renthal Carbon Lite Fatbar 700mm
Renthal Apex stem 40mm
XX1 Sram Cranks
Nukeproof Electron Evo pedals
30T sram Chainring
XTR M9020 Brake set
40T Hope T-Rex cog
Mavic Crossroc 27.5 wheels (rear still using Syncros , waiting for Mavic 142mm adapter)
Trailking 2.2"
Reverb 100mm dropper

Attachments

#364 ·
► hello

Does anybody knows where can i buy spark 2012 26er rear chainstay replacement ?

please help.
i broke this part.i have no warranty :/
try contacting this guy as I've queried about carbon version chainstay for my spark

-tian@khcycle.com> wrote:
Dear Sir,

We're regional Scott distributer.

Sram XX1 crank should be compatible with GXP press-fit BB. Please check with your local Sram dealer if in doubt.

Sorry, 2015 Spark SL swingarm is not available at the moment.
Below is the price for 2014 Spark SL swingarm and need to special indent order.
2014 Spark 700 SL carbon Chainstay, S$519.00
2014 Spark 700 SL carbon Seatstay, S$299.00

Best regards,
Tian

Kian Hong Cycle Pte Ltd
13 Kaki Bukit Road 1
#02-08 Eunos Technolink
Singapore 415928

#370 ·
Pics of my 2014 Scott Spark 930. I've had it for about one month now, but only 4 rides on it so far. It won't stop raining here :madman: I'm thinking about adding some colored accents. What color do you guys think would look better, green or orange?

Attachments

#372 ·
Feel your pain with the rain. It's been raining here and is now cold again.
Nice looking ride. How do you like the flows on that. Was thinking overkill, but probably lighter than what comes on it, and nice and strong.
I agree with dje31, that another colour might be too much. Depends on what parts you're thinking about. Ano blue would probably look good.

#373 ·
Nice looking ride. How do you like the flows on that. Was thinking overkill, but probably lighter than what comes on it, and nice and strong.
They are most definitely overkill. They were the only wheels I had though, and they are better than the stock wheels. It weighs about 26#s right now. I think I just want some colored grips.

#375 ·
Quick question for my fellow spark owners running a 1x setup...

When you remove the front derailleur do most of you remove the mounts completely, or do you leave the mount sans-derailleur on the frame? I took mine off last weekend but was torn as to whether there was any reason that I should leave it attached?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.