Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Sparks...lets see em

162K views 466 replies 189 participants last post by  Dn_KiKe 
#1 ·
I know there are several guys on MTBR that have Sparks, so lets start a little gallery for our new forum. I'll start...
Bicycle tire Bicycle frame Tire Wheel Bicycle wheel

Bicycle tire Bicycle frame Bicycle wheel rim Bicycle fork Bicycle wheel

Bicycle wheel rim Bicycle tire Yellow Spoke Bicycle accessory

Tire Bicycle tire Wheel Bicycle wheel Bicycle frame

More work planned when time/money is available. on the list are new front and rear derailleurs, 4 ti pedals, maybe a 08 sid if they offer and real advantages over the Reba. Plus I'm dying to try an rp23 on here. Anyone else do the conversion? Don't know what its gonna take to pull it off, probably some custom made spacers. Overall I'm very happy with the bike, it feels really solid.

See less See more
#217 ·
Spark Pro

Here's my Spark Pro. My LBS wanted to make room for the 2013, so they sold it to me for $800.00 off. :thumbsup: Did my first ride over the weekend.

I really like the High/Low setting and the "traction control" is great on steep climbs.

#227 ·
I figured, I always get razzed for owning a Scott ;)

The picture was meant for a smart phone, so when viewed on a smaller screen you can't see the blur cut offs, its a lot smoother. Thanks for the compliments.

Its a 2010, came with the frame. Its a great shock, no problems (knocks on wood), but I seldom use the traction/lockout feature, always in full-open.

#231 ·
Great pics! I have a 2009 Spark 60. Mostly stock. I did install an Adamo Peak saddle. I also swapped the handlebars to another one which I have cut shorter than the stock handlebars. And some contoured grips. Oh and I think I have cyclocross tires on there at the moment. I will post some pictures when I can.

#235 ·
Home from the hospital...

Just picked up my Spark 930 yesterday. I have a set of 15mm/12mm thru axle Havens ready to go on, swapping over my XT brakes, Easton EC70 handlebar, and upgrading to XX cranks. The 930 seemed like the best bang for the buck with the upgrades I have ready to swap over plus I bought from REI and had it shipped to Oregon...no sales tax, REI gift card, and $380 rebate coming in March! Cannot pass up that deal!

Attachments

#237 ·
I considered a 650b but went with the 29er for a couple of reasons. My 6'-2.5" body fits the 29er better and I race XC so the 29" wheels are well-suited for the job. I can say for sure that I will grab a 650b if I ever get a bike for all around riding, but nothing eats the trails at speed like a 29er. I will never return to a 26er. That's for sure!

#239 ·
I just got new Spark 910, here are some pics, sorry for bad quality i took them with my phone.
First impression is awesome, geometry, stability, its fast, brakes are great, more to come.
I will upgrade my bike a bit, new grips, maybe Ritchey wcs handlebar and seatpost.
I took treking pedals with spd and flat, since i ride with mtb and normal shoes.

Attachments

#244 ·
Built from the frame up.

22.1 lb
SID WC Fork (hydro lockout, replaced twinloc lever with old trackloc for rear shock)
XX1 Drivetrain
XTR Trail Brakes (w/ M980 pads)
DT240 hubs, ENVE hoops.
ENVE Bar, Stem, Post.
29x2.4" Schwalbe's for 12 PSI snow riding.

I've got about 1,000 miles on it so far. I actually prefer the handling of my Scale, but this is the fastest XC race bike I've used for most of the courses I race.

Attachments

#245 ·
A lot of nice looking Spark builds. I will agree, though, that the Scale is a nice bike too, but nothing beats a Spark. I think the better arguement for the masses here is......will your next Spark be a 26, 27.5 or 29 inch version???? I will start by saying that a 27.5" version will be mine one day!!!!!! Happy Trails Scott fans!!!!

#246 ·
ripped the hanger and totally destroyed my rear mech yesterday, so after getting sick of the 3x front end i've bitten the bullet and she is in getting some xx1 love now...

...back a page or so i mentioned i was on wheel upgrade path, ended up getting hope hubs, some random Ti spokes... and stans rims built up ~1350g for the pair without tape. was an excellent upgrade... sadly i'll have to go back to the stock wheels once the xx1 is on there until hope have their freehub body for xx1 ready to order.

can't wait to see how the xx1 goes...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.