Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    brentos, very nice choices! Good luck in your races, but with that build, you won't need luck!!! Smoke 'em!!!!

mtbr member
    here's my XL pro

just picked up from LBS

mtbr member
    4x4runner, this is just another fine example how art is truly in the design of these bikes. Is it me, or can you just never get sick of looking at these great machines????? Very nice, very nice. So I see you are in Florida? Will this beauty be out at Santos ripping it up?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by iamspartacus View Post
    4x4runner, this is just another fine example how art is truly in the design of these bikes. Is it me, or can you just never get sick of looking at these great machines????? Very nice, very nice. So I see you are in Florida? Will this beauty be out at Santos ripping it up?
    to answer your first question... it's in my living room distracting me form my constitutional law homework lol, i can't stop just popping out to take a peek at it.

to answer your second question, maybe some day i'll get out to santos but i'm pretty far south. luckily there are several trails close to me. the three closest are markham park (5 min from my house), Amelia Earhart, and Oleta River Park. then a bit farther south is Virginia Key and farther north is Quiet waters.

i've heard great things about santos and alafia so i'll have to make it out to those on my next break from school!

mtbr member
    Well, get back to study time then........but I understand the need to look at her, yearning to be taken into the woods, gears opened up, racing through the outdoors........pure joy!!!!

Now get back to the books!!!!

:-)

mtbr member
    haha great that really helped. i'm gonna get a ride in thursday morning since it's my day off.

mtbr member
    Thursday??? That is like 2 days away???? She's calling you, and so is the open trail just out of reach.........

mtbr member
    lol i have work and school today and tomorrow. i'm gonna probably ride around my neighborhood a bit tonight when i get home from class though.

mtbr member
    ok, guess that will have to do.......now stop looking in that general direction and get into those books!!!!! Plus, stop chatting online!!!! :-)

mtbr member
    just out of curiosity, what position do you guys keep your suspension link ship in? high or low?

mtbr member
    Unfortunately, my model (70) doesn't have that option. I was told, though, that I could do that is I just replace the plastic cover surrounding that bolt.

mtbr member
    Ohh I gocha

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by 4x4runner View Post
    just out of curiosity, what position do you guys keep your suspension link ship in? high or low?
    High was too steep and twitchy. The Low position too slack and the suspension felt saggy to me.

I got the chip for the middle setting from the lower priced Sparks. For me it's perfect.
    Race Reports, PreRide Reports, and General Rambling:

www.roostersbikersedge.com

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by brentos View Post
    High was too steep and twitchy. The Low position too slack and the suspension felt saggy to me.

I got the chip for the middle setting from the lower priced Sparks. For me it's perfect.
    brilliant! i might order one to keep it around. yeah i rode in "low" today and it was a bit too slack. required a lot of steering input...

also, rocket rons can suck it. i miss my racing ralphs.

mtbr member
    I agree with the Rocket Rons. I don't know how the Racing Ralphs are, but I get a little too loose in some soft footing. I need to try some new tires.
    Last edited by iamspartacus; 08-31-2012 at 05:49 AM.

mtbr member
    the roots felt like ice under the ron's

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    What pressure are you running, and are you tubeless? I've been pretty happy with mine,of course I had Small Block 8's on my previous bike,so the RORO's are like super swampers to me!

mtbr member
    One thing I noticed on my last ride was that the Ron's got packed with soft soil/sand, so traction was reduced. Roots are always slippery, but I thought that was just because they were wet when I rode. Another thing I noticed is that my Ron's are different from other Ron's I see. It must be the tubed versus tubeless variety?????
    Last edited by iamspartacus; 09-05-2012 at 05:26 AM.

mtbr member
    Jan 2008

My '08 Spark 10

I was gonna wait to post mine when I have reached my sub-7 goal, but oh well... here's mine at 7.03Kg on it's first off-road ride in the woods. I was too overwhelmed with the smooth ride down hills coming from hardtails that I only took two pictures.

Before entering the forest:

In the forest while trying to cut a tree that has fallen on our trail:

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Sorry for the huge phone pics...

mtbr member
    These rigs look even better in huge phone pics!!!!! Thank for sharing this lightweight beauty!!!!! Ride on!!!!!!.........by the way, how did she like the forest????

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by aenima View Post
    What pressure are you running, and are you tubeless? I've been pretty happy with mine,of course I had Small Block 8's on my previous bike,so the RORO's are like super swampers to me!
    about the same as i was running on my scale 29er.

f- 25-26
    r- 28-30

i'm 6'3" 215# on an XL.

as i wrote this i thought to myself, maybe better go down in pressure out back considering i have suspension back there now... lol yes?

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Thanks! The bike was awesome! Coming from a hardtail background with V-brakes in all the years I spent riding a bike, traction was nothing I have experienced before! I was bombing down the hills with the rear suspension working flawlessly and the Formula R1 brakes were also confidence inspiring! My only problems were fine cuts on my arms and legs after the ride becuase I didn't expect the trails to be full of vegetation as opposed to the last time I remember riding the trail about three years ago. But it was all worth it.

mtbr member
    Sep 2012

Here is my new '13 Spark 930! I'll get a chance to actually ride it this weekend, I can't wait. I also can't wait to get some nice pedals.

mtbr member
    Opening that box was probably even a better feeling then Christmas!!!!! How does Scott do it??? They made the Spark even better looking!!!! I can't wait to hear how this sweet ride rolls!!!!!! Happy Trails!

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast